Mobilisation process timing

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell a newbie if they always try and give 28 days notice on call-out?

Also, does anyone know what actually happens behind the scene paperwork wise?

Cheers

2. msr

msr LE

Yes.

No-one knows ;)

msr

3. lol :)

Cheers, just trying to work out if I actually have managed to strike it lucky or not?

4. Some have been mobilised and only got the paperwork after non-stop phone calls a week before they were due to arive at RTMC.

5. I guess it's different for every badge?

6. I got mine about 8 days before RTMC. however I got the nod a few weeks before and new the date I was due to be mobbed. Just didn't tell my civvi boss till I got the official paper work.

If you volunteer you normally find the date out well in advance of the paperwork arriving.

7. When you off the BB? Interesting Job?

8. I'm getting mobilised been speaking directly to CVHQ, get the papers mid Sept off to Chilwell mid Oct.

Stilts

9. I've got everything crossed lol

Stilts... you've got mail sir

10. msr

msr LE

Safe tour.

msr

11. BB, PM mate

12. ****ing hell - There's no stopping you!

Take care.

13. PM back at you....

I won't believe I'm going until I'm on the plane

14. Well things have taken a different turn for you! Best of luck!

Will you be off before your rather unexciting camp then?

15. TBH, camp will be just as exciting as it was always planned to be!!!!

I'm hoping to do camp then mobilise, but as I said, still not confirmed and won't here anything for a least a week....

I've been this far B4 only to find out through the Grapevine that the tour was binned, so not getting to excited...

This is it though... If I can't get mobilised now, I'm going to have to try other options