Mobilisation Notice

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GSSigs, May 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. what is the expected (experienced) time frame for mobilisation once you let your PSAO know you are keen to deploy?

I want to get the ball rolling IOT to deploy early 2011.

2. msr

msr LE

Ask your PSAO?

3. too many factors I'm afraid for a decent answer,

4. MSR as usual with a witty response. (NOT)

is anyone else bored of these pointless responses especially when you are asking a legimate question, asking of other peoples experience?

5. msr

msr LE

Read Spad's reply, then go away and have a think about it.

If I reckon your PSAO is the best person to answer your question, I'll point you in his direction. Funnily enough, he has probably seen a large number of people go through the process and will be able to advise you accordingly.

msr

6. msr I'm afraid your repeated ask your PSI/PSAO retorts do make you appear to be a bit of a smart-arrse.

I'd actually recomend the OP follows his chain of command & discusses the issue with his Tp/Pl Comd/Sgt in the first instance...

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I'm afraid I must agree with MSR

The PSAO was the man resposible for putting the names forwrd
    He let it be known that he needed 5 for Telic 4 and if he got enough volunteers it would be covered
    IIIRC there were 4 and 1 suprise

But he did go round asking people for reasons not to go

8. Sorry, I disagree. I would've been horrified if any of my Tp had been going directly to PSIs & PSAOs without using the CoC. The PSAO would've ripped me a new arrse & the PSI expressed a certain degree of satisfaction. Horse for courses I guess.

9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I see your point but most of teh seniors
    A) Didn't have a clue what was going on and go and see the PSAO was the stock answer
    B) Were trying very hard to keep themselves out of going as well

10. How on earth would the PSAO & PSIs keep their handicaps down if all the Sqn is knocking on their doors asking stuff ;)

11. msr

msr LE

Correct, he may seem like a grumpy old duffer who actually believes any expenditure made for the Bty / Sqn / Coy comes directly from his personal pension pot, but he will have the answers :)

msr

12. gsigs
    telic 1 4 weeks notice ... for most 3 lads had 2 weeks,
    herrick 4 1 months notice in brown letter but 3 months before me and 2 others hit the ground
    herrick 5 and 6 same as 4,
    herrick 10 2 months notice with brown letter and 1 month before they hit the ground

ill let you know when i get my brown letter and ill also let you know flash to bang time

as i said it doesnt really help much but there's some examples for you

13. as for asking psi psao etc,

I go stright to the person in the know as my coc is not that effective but is getting better,
    and if i go to my det psi for an answer ill be lucky if i ever find out,

so i go straight to the man in the know and copy in my troop sgt and captain

job jobbed and i get answers in the same year.

14. Spad
    thanks for the reply, exactly the type of answer i wanted. Someone experience of what is happening in the system today.

I have been around a while so i do know where to find information, and it isnt always the PSI or PSAO.

Thanks
    GSS

15. I'm assuming, from the username, that you are R Signals? If so, I'd let your CoC know you are going to do it, then ring CVHQ - they will know what the current requirements are and what the volunteer plot is.