Mobilisation - how to go about it

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by musicalmarvin, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a TA second lieutenant, currently Group B (with an OTC). I am due to go to Sandhurst for the Regular course in May 2007. I graduate this summer (June 2006).

I am looking into mobilising from around July 2006 onwards, possibly for 3 or 4 months, maybe for the full 6 months. The reason I am looking more at 3 or 4 months is that I would like to take some time off so that I can spend some time being a student for a little while longer.

Is there a published list going around that 'advertises' which units are due to go on which tours? Failing that, where would I be able to find that out from?

Many thanks in advance

Marvin

2. JB

JB Clanker

If you register on ArmyNET there is a section on mob opportunities for TELIC, in addition to the FTRS vacancies listed on the Army website (Select Serving Soldier and follow the links through MCM Div to TA 'Serving Soldier').
    Bear in mind though that, keen as you obviously, are:
    1) You would need to be Gp A to get mobilised and so that probably means finding a mainstream TA unit who'll take you on strength - only for you to then disappear on mobilisation...
    2) Unless you have already done a YOs course such as PCBC (TA) there's not much that you're likely to get mobilised for, you might be considered for a Watch-keeper post but unless OTCs have changed a lot since I was in one, you probably don't have that much experience of this. Putting it bluntly, as a TA 2Lt whose experience is limited to a UOTC (and for all I know you could have done 5 years as a Reg Pte, so this might not apply to you) you may not actually be that useful in theatre.

Hope this of some use. Not trying to pssi on your fire, just being realistic about it. Best thing is probably to have a chat to your Adjt about it.

3. arghh... must... not.... bite....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

4. op tag is 3 months and a tour is 6 months so your out of luck :lol:

5. Oh to be mobilised just for Optag.... 11months away from work, them no very happy!