Mobilisation Date

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by northernireland, Apr 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I was demobilised on the Jan 9th 2009 does anyone know when I can next mobilise? I know there is a rule of no more than 12 months in a 3 year period and as my last was for 12 months, I was thinking this meant I had to wait 2 years and a day so I could mobilise on Jan 10th 2011....

2. As I understood it I think you could volunteer at any point....a friend seems to be making a living out of being mobilised every year.
  3. Thanks but I need the salary matching and job protection, otherwise I think I would copy your friend!
  4. i'll let you know when my new brown envolope falls on the matt any time soon.
    but i remeber from last time what you are saying is correct.

dont think your employer would be to thrilled if you only around 3 years in 5 tho
  5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Under he Armed Forces Act 2006 you can volunteer to mobilise at any time and once mobilised you are entitled to all the usual employment protection and Reservist Award remuneration under RFA 96. See full quote from TAQ below.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Then they can appeal. If an employee has volunteered for Additional Periods of Mobilised Service, I figure the Employer would stand to win hands down.
  7. Just been through this today at Chilwell as it happens. (Mobilised Nov 2008 came off POTL/A/L Feb 2010) If your employer contests the call up, the army will cave in as it is difficult to argue against. I was offered the choice of resigning, or don't mobilise. Luckily it was my employer who relented and decided not to appeal the decision and I have my pay matched now. Tense few hours but was worth it.