Mobilisation & Bounties

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wg100, Mar 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a soldier in my unit who was mobilised in Jan 09, Last day of service was end of Dec 09.

He got his bounty for TY08-09 by virtue of the fact he'd mobilised and therfore done all his MATTs and had done enough days prior to mobilisation.

Am I right in thinking that MATTs which he did whilst mobilised will count towards his bounty for TY09-10? He apparantly conducted MATTs whilst in Bastion prior to returning to the UK.
    As far as I am aware, he simply needs to do a certain number of training days prior to the end of the year and will then be eligible for bounty?

Any pointers towards chapter and verse on the subject gratefully received!

2. msr

msr LE

3. Should count - as long as it's on record somewhere.

Number of days training needed depends on your unit and your CO. (Amazing what counts as a 'Training Day' if you have a decent CO; pre mobilisation admin day, kit run at QMs and various other 'Admin' tasks.)

4. the days he requires should be on a pro-rata basis but in reality due to the trg cut-backs he may not have had the opportunity to do them, so he (and everyone else) should get them anyhow.
    If he has evidence of his MATTS he will have no issue. Alternatively, if not and this causes a problem, has the training cutback denied him the chance to conduct his MATTS?

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It seems strange that a TA soldier can come back from ops and have to worry about his/her bonus.

The bonus is paid to soldiers who have completed the training schedule therefore demonstrating that they have achieved the required efficiency level - used to be known as the Efficiency Bonus.

So if a soldier goes off to do the job the TA are training for on Ops and gets a good report from the unit he was deployed with then surely he/she shoud have qualified and be classed as efficient soldiers and be eligible for Bounty.

6. Code:
    [php][quote="Auld-Yin"]It seems strange that a TA soldier can come back from ops and have to worry about his/her bonus.

The bonus is paid to soldiers who have completed the training schedule therefore demonstrating that they have achieved the required efficiency level - used to be known as the Efficiency Bonus.

So if a soldier goes off to do the job the TA are training for on Ops and gets a good report from the unit he was deployed with then surely he/she shoud have qualified and be classed as efficient soldiers and be eligible for Bounty.[/quote]

That was the concensus in the bar after trg tonight.

@MSR: looked in TA Regs, it just refers you to JSP754, which is then suitably incomprehensible...

7. Look, this is where good PSAO and OC support kicks in, if somebody has been on ops in the past year then the admin staff should take as much pressure off the pers as possible - if somebody is just off POTL then they still don't need to be rushing about worrying about bounty, their priority is family and work. The staff get together and check what is needed, if the bloke has to do one or two days then fair enough but he is given enough time, help and warning to do what is necessary. Enough info for the CO to give cert of efficiency is sent up the CoC- everybody happy.

8. Ah, but that assumes the PSAO has the knowledge and the OC hasn't mobilised and is there to assist. Nobody at the TAC seems to know exactly what this chap needs to do, hence asking here. I completely agree that it should be a matter of common sense seeing as he's just returned from ops. At least it hasn't been brought up too late...

9. The days done in theatre or whilst mobbed count for your 15 days annual camp and should also count for the other days,as all Matts will have been done whilst on it as long as they are in date for the year then he should get his bounty.

I know this applies if you have been on an FTRS contract and go back to your unit when finished also you will get it in your first year you take an FTRS up as long as you ve done your days,camp and small number of Matts as I did.

10. msr

msr LE

Then get a grip of your ROSO (the OS here being Ops Support).

Is no-one stepping up to fill the OC's slot while they are away?

Are there no Offrs at all at your TAC? If not, then use the chain of command, for it is a chain, and contact your Regt'l 2ic.

msr

11. I'm surprised you've not recommended asking my PSI yet... :D

12. The last I heard was that having completed an Op tour this qualified you for MATT's for three years, with only your 27 days training required to qualify for Bounty in the two years following your demob.

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And if a soldier serves his whole 22 years without promotion, he finishes with an RSMs pension :D

All together now - "The "A" in MATTs stands for...."

14. msr

msr LE

Ask your RAO :)

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Attitude? :D