Mobilisation & Bounties

I've got a soldier in my unit who was mobilised in Jan 09, Last day of service was end of Dec 09.

He got his bounty for TY08-09 by virtue of the fact he'd mobilised and therfore done all his MATTs and had done enough days prior to mobilisation.

Am I right in thinking that MATTs which he did whilst mobilised will count towards his bounty for TY09-10? He apparantly conducted MATTs whilst in Bastion prior to returning to the UK.
As far as I am aware, he simply needs to do a certain number of training days prior to the end of the year and will then be eligible for bounty?

Any pointers towards chapter and verse on the subject gratefully received!

Should count - as long as it's on record somewhere.

Number of days training needed depends on your unit and your CO. (Amazing what counts as a 'Training Day' if you have a decent CO; pre mobilisation admin day, kit run at QMs and various other 'Admin' tasks.)

the days he requires should be on a pro-rata basis but in reality due to the trg cut-backs he may not have had the opportunity to do them, so he (and everyone else) should get them anyhow.
If he has evidence of his MATTS he will have no issue. Alternatively, if not and this causes a problem, has the training cutback denied him the chance to conduct his MATTS?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It seems strange that a TA soldier can come back from ops and have to worry about his/her bonus.

The bonus is paid to soldiers who have completed the training schedule therefore demonstrating that they have achieved the required efficiency level - used to be known as the Efficiency Bonus.

So if a soldier goes off to do the job the TA are training for on Ops and gets a good report from the unit he was deployed with then surely he/she shoud have qualified and be classed as efficient soldiers and be eligible for Bounty.

Code:
[php][quote="Auld-Yin"]It seems strange that a TA soldier can come back from ops and have to worry about his/her bonus.

The bonus is paid to soldiers who have completed the training schedule therefore demonstrating that they have achieved the required efficiency level - used to be known as the Efficiency Bonus.

So if a soldier goes off to do the job the TA are training for on Ops and gets a good report from the unit he was deployed with then surely he/she shoud have qualified and be classed as efficient soldiers and be eligible for Bounty.[/quote]

That was the concensus in the bar after trg tonight.

@MSR: looked in TA Regs, it just refers you to JSP754, which is then suitably incomprehensible...

Look, this is where good PSAO and OC support kicks in, if somebody has been on ops in the past year then the admin staff should take as much pressure off the pers as possible - if somebody is just off POTL then they still don't need to be rushing about worrying about bounty, their priority is family and work. The staff get together and check what is needed, if the bloke has to do one or two days then fair enough but he is given enough time, help and warning to do what is necessary. Enough info for the CO to give cert of efficiency is sent up the CoC- everybody happy.

quiller said:
Look, this is where good PSAO and OC support kicks in, if somebody has been on ops in the past year then the admin staff should take as much pressure off the pers as possible - if somebody is just off POTL then they still don't need to be rushing about worrying about bounty, their priority is family and work. The staff get together and check what is needed, if the bloke has to do one or two days then fair enough but he is given enough time, help and warning to do what is necessary. Enough info for the CO to give cert of efficiency is sent up the CoC- everybody happy.
Ah, but that assumes the PSAO has the knowledge and the OC hasn't mobilised and is there to assist. Nobody at the TAC seems to know exactly what this chap needs to do, hence asking here. I completely agree that it should be a matter of common sense seeing as he's just returned from ops. At least it hasn't been brought up too late...

The days done in theatre or whilst mobbed count for your 15 days annual camp and should also count for the other days,as all Matts will have been done whilst on it as long as they are in date for the year then he should get his bounty.

I know this applies if you have been on an FTRS contract and go back to your unit when finished also you will get it in your first year you take an FTRS up as long as you ve done your days,camp and small number of Matts as I did.

wg100 said:
quiller said:
Ah, but that assumes the PSAO has the knowledge and the OC hasn't mobilised and is there to assist. Nobody at the TAC seems to know exactly what this chap needs to do, hence asking here. I completely agree that it should be a matter of common sense seeing as he's just returned from ops. At least it hasn't been brought up too late...
Then get a grip of your ROSO (the OS here being Ops Support).

Is no-one stepping up to fill the OC's slot while they are away?

Are there no Offrs at all at your TAC? If not, then use the chain of command, for it is a chain, and contact your Regt'l 2ic.

msr

msr said:
wg100 said:
quiller said:

Then get a grip of your ROSO (the OS here being Ops Support).

Is no-one stepping up to fill the OC's slot while they are away?

Yes, but only just coming on board, and with the nature of the TA, can be hard to pin down.

Are there no Offrs at all at your TAC? If not, then use the chain of command, for it is a chain, and contact your Regt'l 2ic.

There are, me being one of them, hence casting around for info with which I can approach the CoC. I've found that if I can produce the references on a subject, it tends to make things happen faster and more smoothly than further up the CoC having to do the legwork. This only came up at 2115 last night, so there wasn't exactly a great deal of time to hand. Had a quick look in TA Regs and then JSP 754, but wasn't left any clearer.

msr
I'm surprised you've not recommended asking my PSI yet... :D

The last I heard was that having completed an Op tour this qualified you for MATT's for three years, with only your 27 days training required to qualify for Bounty in the two years following your demob.

The_Duke

LE
Sancho_Panza said:
The last I heard was that having completed an Op tour this qualified you for MATT's for three years, with only your 27 days training required to qualify for Bounty in the two years following your demob.
And if a soldier serves his whole 22 years without promotion, he finishes with an RSMs pension :D

All together now - "The "A" in MATTs stands for...."

wg100 said:
I'm surprised you've not recommended asking my PSI yet... :D
Ask your RAO :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The_Duke said:
Sancho_Panza said:
And if a soldier serves his whole 22 years without promotion, he finishes with an RSMs pension :D

Attitude? :D

Personally, I was with 2 RIFLES, demobed late September finished POTL in December and since then have only attended a few drill nights and I've qualified for it, no asking or pushing just saw my name up on a sheet in the drill hall. Although I'm already getting worried next year's! Can't attend annual camp in September and there doesnt seem to be any other alternative camp before then that I can do.

Sancho_Panza said:
Disregard mate, absolute Bollocks! As the Duke is pointing out, they are annual Tests so need to be done annually.

If you complete your MATTs whilst on tour, within the current trg year, then they should be on record as completed. That's what has happened with me in the past. Although I still needed to complete an additional 4 MTDs in order to meet the full qualifying criteria for my bounty. :?
If your records are incomplete then get on the the regular unit that your man was with and get them to pass the details on.

Iron_Man - get yourself on a course in lieu of camp. If not, hard luck really.

Iron_Man said:
Personally, I was with 2 RIFLES, demobed late September finished POTL in December and since then have only attended a few drill nights and I've qualified for it, no asking or pushing just saw my name up on a sheet in the drill hall. Although I'm already getting worried next year's! Can't attend annual camp in September and there doesnt seem to be any other alternative camp before then that I can do.
Mate if you're 7 Rifles, I believe it's unit policy to award a CO Certificate and hence a bounty, to all those back off tour. Just got back from H10 with 2nd battalion as well and discharged on the new years so I was a bit worried about qualifying, but was told that we'd all been signed off having already proved our efficiency to deploy. Think 6 are doing the same.

As for next year there's always PJNCO/Brecon! :D

The_Duke said:
Attempted?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Army Reserve 10
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
P Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4