Mobilisation and Trade Unions?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by demobbed, Jan 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are a member of a trade union, are you required to resign membership upon being mobilised? Nobody in my unit can give me a proper answer. Any help or advice on this issue would be appreciated.
  2. Don't see why. I didn't. Have a chat with you local branch co-ordinator/shop steward.
  3. union and army 2 different things.
    they can't tell you what to do
  4. Not in your bit of it anyway... :lol:
  5. Most definately not,however I doubt MOD will pay your subs
  6. I know the only union the army lets you join is the royal college of nursing .Its against rules to form a union as my mate was going to start one after his r&r but came back with a laptop so couldnt be arsed :lol: .
    I doubt anyone would care much as long as you dont ask for time off
    for union meetings :) .Good luck getting a union rep to come out to do a health % safety check on your working enviorment :) .
  7. You should be able to show union subs as an outgoing and therefore it ought to be covered by the pay/money/admin bit of Chilwell (?)
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Unions and the Army are like Oil and water, never the twain should meet! Lefty fachists!
  9. Forward with NUTAS!
  10. LOL - nice attempt at a troll there.
    It may come as a shock to some that many members of the TA (even some ex regular service peeps like me) are members of unions through our civilian employment.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I'd have never guessed!