Mobilisation and Trade Unions?

If you are a member of a trade union, are you required to resign membership upon being mobilised? Nobody in my unit can give me a proper answer. Any help or advice on this issue would be appreciated.

F

fozzy

demobbed said:
If you are a member of a trade union, are you required to resign membership upon being mobilised? Nobody in my unit can give me a proper answer. Any help or advice on this issue would be appreciated.
Don't see why. I didn't. Have a chat with you local branch co-ordinator/shop steward.

union and army 2 different things.
they can't tell you what to do

demobbed said:
Most definately not,however I doubt MOD will pay your subs

I know the only union the army lets you join is the royal college of nursing .Its against rules to form a union as my mate was going to start one after his r&r but came back with a laptop so couldnt be arsed :lol: .
I doubt anyone would care much as long as you dont ask for time off
for union meetings :) .Good luck getting a union rep to come out to do a health % safety check on your working enviorment :) .

galgenberg said:
demobbed said:
Most definately not,however I doubt MOD will pay your subs
You should be able to show union subs as an outgoing and therefore it ought to be covered by the pay/money/admin bit of Chilwell (?)

F

fozzy

Ventress said:
Unions and the Army are like Oil and water, never the twain should meet! Lefty fachists!
LOL - nice attempt at a troll there.
It may come as a shock to some that many members of the TA (even some ex regular service peeps like me) are members of unions through our civilian employment.

Latest Threads