Mobilisation and Trade Unions?

If you are a member of a trade union, are you required to resign membership upon being mobilised? Nobody in my unit can give me a proper answer. Any help or advice on this issue would be appreciated.

F

fozzy

demobbed said:
If you are a member of a trade union, are you required to resign membership upon being mobilised? Nobody in my unit can give me a proper answer. Any help or advice on this issue would be appreciated.
Don't see why. I didn't. Have a chat with you local branch co-ordinator/shop steward.

union and army 2 different things.
they can't tell you what to do

demobbed said:
Most definately not,however I doubt MOD will pay your subs

I know the only union the army lets you join is the royal college of nursing .Its against rules to form a union as my mate was going to start one after his r&r but came back with a laptop so couldnt be arsed :lol: .
I doubt anyone would care much as long as you dont ask for time off
for union meetings :) .Good luck getting a union rep to come out to do a health % safety check on your working enviorment :) .

galgenberg said:
demobbed said:
Most definately not,however I doubt MOD will pay your subs
You should be able to show union subs as an outgoing and therefore it ought to be covered by the pay/money/admin bit of Chilwell (?)

F

fozzy

Ventress said:
Unions and the Army are like Oil and water, never the twain should meet! Lefty fachists!
LOL - nice attempt at a troll there.
It may come as a shock to some that many members of the TA (even some ex regular service peeps like me) are members of unions through our civilian employment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Army Reserve 10
msr Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
P Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4