Mobilisation and self employment

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by paysheet, Aug 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For the most part I enjoy the TA and don't want to give it up.
    I'm planning on going into self employment with a friend who has already got the business in place. However he, his accountant and solicitor are very worried about me being in the TA and getting mobilised. They want to draw up a legal agreement for me to cover any losses for such things as locums if I get called up. I understand this. I just want to know from anyone who has been called up while being self employed what is covered and how you got paid. It is possible that a call up could happen just into my new career in which case my income could be much lower than it could/should be. My TA wage is much lower than my civilian one.
  2. msr

msr LE

Try using the search facility for "self employed" search for all terms, then point it at the Just TA forum.

You will have to decide, and no-one said it was going to be an easy decision, whether you alter the priorities of Family, Job, TA.

Your salary should be matched in the event of a call up, but I very much doubt the MOD will pay for a locum. They do pay for certain things, check with Sabre