Mobilisation and Debt Protection

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by DarkBlueLoggie, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies for raising this topic - I think I've seen it on the board before but the search function doesn't appear to be working at the moment. Also tried Google, SABRE etc with no luck.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Reserve Forces are protected from debt collection whilst mobilised (ie until they can get back home to sort it out).

I'm just about to set off but I'm in a continued dispute with NCP over a parking charge which I paid for by their new telephone system (which after this experience I would not recommend). One side of NCP is saying I did pay for it - the other is saying I didn't, but they won't talk to each other and it's down to me to sort it all out.

After many, many phone calls, I now have a receipt proving I did. I'm just about to send this off, but if it should drag out further I don't want the wife to be getting threatening letters, so (if I'm correct) I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the way of the relevant legislation.

Many thanks in advance.
  2. msr

msr LE

If you are sending a copy of the receipt, then it should be sorted before you go.

I would speak to SaBRE, they may have a contact at NCP who can resolve this for you.

3. Many thanks msr - just gave them a ring and no joy. They suggested a visit to a CAB, which is sound advice but quite a trek from where I am currently. I'm going to send the letter off and hope for the best.
  4. Keep a copy of the receipt. If it comes to a debt collection agency, they will pop round, see the receipt, and leave. It's annoying, but it's not your issue if 2 halves of 1 company can't communicate.
  5. msr

msr LE

Personally, I would send a copy of the receipt, keep another copy and the original.

6. Well, I'd actually copy the receipt, then fax them a copy of the copy, laminate the original and put it in my safety deposit box alongside my familly silver....just in case ;)
  7. Personally I'd like to shove the receipt up somewhere where the sun doesn't shine of the person responsible for this mess. Not a happy hector.
  8. Dont forget to get them to sign in triplicate for receipt of the receipt!!!!!
  9. I usually settle for practicing my abusive wit by sending someone semi-important in the company a truly insulting but perfectly legal complaint email. I use it as good practice for my twisted sense of humour, and whilst i don't get any half-arrsed compensation vouchers i feel 100% better. In fact sometimes i enjoy getting into these situations just so i can write increasingly insulting emails to people...

I think i need to get out more...

Anyway, sadly not my own work, but here's a good example:

10. Was actually working at NTL as a contracter when that letter came in. Soon made the rounds!

Well, NCP have agreed to waive my parking charge, but have reminded me I should display a ticket. How when you're using their telephone parking system???