Mobilisation age limit

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Maniac_Mover, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My squadron has received a warning order to mobilise in the not to distant future :D

This is great news IMO but I'm a bit worried that my age (50) will disqualify me. Does anyone know if there is an upper age limit for mobilisation?

2. My old man mobilised at 52 (to Al Amarah no less). Saying that, it's probably rank / trade dependent but at least there is some hope for you there...
  3. Some MBLU TA scousers on Telic one were over 50, Some of the postie TA on Herrick 6 were over 50.
    There are some medics/nurses in Herrick over 50.
    Even in the regulars you can be 55 and still serve
    Can't see they're being a problem with you going...Grandad.
  4. msr

msr LE

5. We had a 62 anaethatist year old out with us on Herrick and I don't think he was the oldest that's been
  6. Had some very 'Chronologically Gifted' lads and lasses through RTMC some were excused CFTs as they were passed 50 - I think if you're over 55 you are exempt BFTs too.

Good luck!

Ps. Get your teeth/dentures sorted before you go! :)
  7. A 74 year old doctor has just mobilised in the US Army Reserve and is off to Iraq!!!!
  8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I take it this is the 'Composite 282 Sqn' (soon to be desperate) plea for volunteers then?

'Because thats's what we do'.
  9. Isn't it time you were mobilised again Command_doh??

Maniac, you don't have to worry, there is a certain moustachiod chap who is a bit more mature than you who was in telic last year....
  10. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Dave would be back out there in a Jiffy if he could get back...

One could say the same for you Old Boy, but I know the prospect of a shortage of Crab-like 5* hotels would dissuade you from such a potential posting.

And besides, those who did 12 months should be 'Intelligently Forced' after those who (in some cases) barely managed 6.

On an unrelated note, 160 Tpt were telling me they are being BANNED from resigning from the Stabs if they cross a certain date during the build up training prior to the Official compulsory call going out.

I would be interested to see how they propose to enforce such a ban on resignations, especially as they did the square root of Fcuk all over the 11 we lost in 2 weeks prior to our Telic 1 deployment.
  11. Thanks for all the replies guys :D Looks like there shouldn't be a problem then but I think SWMBO will be disappointed as she is banking on my geriatric status keeping me home :lol:
  12. Indeed it is :D

Hmm.... this looks failiar :)
  13. Sorry for the late entry (must be my age), I went to Afghan at 51 and Iraq at 52 and hope to be heading back soon.. but as a civvy on more $!
  14. That sounds utterly unenforceable to me as TA soldiers have been deemed to be casual labour.

I smell a bluff.
  15. You may be right about a bluff but it probably could be enforced under RFA 1996.