Mobile telephones

Chaps, Mobile phones (contract not pay n go)

In addition any mobile Broadband kit can be provided at more than competitive prices and although I can't offer a discount on prices or line rental I can promise to give at least 30 quid per connection to the 'Begging bowl'

We know the begging bowl is a collection through arrse to get injured servicemen much needed and deserved holidays and also act as a QRF when perhaps SSAFA and RBL can't act fast enough.

PM me with your mobile needs

Not to step on MDN's shoes, but I've just found out that all forces personnel and 5 of their friends or family are eligible for a 10% discount on new contracts at Orange shops.

Would have helped me when I got a contract out 9 months ago.

But, as always, get in touch with MDN first, their needs are greater than yours.

A little help would be appreciated,
My SWMBOs camera has gone kaput instead of getting a new camera she is thinking of upgrading her
mobile telephone, she has an old Nokia and I don't have a mobile. what's needed is a phone with a
good camera, what do you recommend, should we get a package or buy outright?

My SWMBOs camera has gone kaput instead of getting a new camera she is thinking of upgrading her
mobile telephone, she has an old Nokia and I don't have a mobile. what's needed is a phone with a
Personally, if I were you, buy outright. I have been skint and I lost my cell phone but still wanted to be on a rolling contract - so decided to go retro and bought a brand new still in the box (but old skool now - from 2017) iPhone 6S.

And I have a monthly rolling contract with 3 for about 10 quid....and offers home at abroad as well....

And the phone has been brill...the battery life is a trifle shite...lasts less than a day of usage...depends on your usage patterns I guess...

Generally camera phones are only good for taking pictures in good light. As sauce doctor says maybe just buy a new camera.

Personally, if I were you, buy outright. I have been skint and I lost my cell phone but still wanted to be on a rolling contract - so decided to go retro and bought a brand new still in the box (but old skool now - from 2017) iPhone 6S.

And I have a monthly rolling contract with 3 for about 10 quid....and offers home at abroad as well....

I have an iPhone 6s Plus. As far as phones go the camera is really good. (Point I made above still applies though).

And the phone has been brill...the battery life is a trifle shite...lasts less than a day of usage...depends on your usage patterns I guess...
Further to my comment - I got my brand new (old) phone for £170 - I really can't stomach the £1000 or whatever else they are charging these days...

Further to my comment - I got my brand new (old) phone for £170 - I really can't stomach the £1000 or whatever else they are charging these days...

I agree - meant to say first time actually - I bought my 6s plus as a refurb about six months back. I never buy new phones anymore.

I agree - meant to say first time actually - I bought my 6s plus as a refurb about six months back. I never buy new phones anymore.
Mine was actually a completely brand new one! Found it on Facebook market place from this dealer in London...I was surprised actually. was a bit apprehensive but...it was wrapped and turned out to be completely genuine..and he even gave me a 1 yr warranty. What more can you ask...

Can anybody suggest a phone with a good camera and how many Gbs of data
you would require if you're using the phone on the internet

If in the UK Giffgaff if you don't have enough data you can start next month's early & swap tariffs.

Phone ? Everything takes good pics ?

An cheapo android £100-£150 Moto works for me

You need a minimum of 1 GB if you are using things like google maps or citymapper to get around.
The OP wants a cheap phone with a decent camera

Last edited:
Can anybody suggest a phone with a good camera and how many Gbs of data
you would require if you're using the phone on the internet
It really is down to personal preference and obviously experience plus your budget and quality of camera (front and back). Same on the data. If you’re uploading to social media all of the time, not so much. If you’re keeping the data on the phone, a lot more. This is imo quite a good review of budget camera phones:
The best budget camera phones in 2019 | Creative Bloq