mobile pnone users a danger tp motorcylists

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by isongard, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many of you have read with delight that car users are finally going to get hit with points on their licence. I as a motorcyclist thought great but as i am out riding you still seen the stupid c@@~s still using them as the drift into your path

2. And?

Motorcyclist still undercut and drive with reckless abandon.

How is this in "Films, Literature, Music and All Things Artsy"?

3. Because the resulting stain of the cylist on the asphalt can look very post modern!

4. Ahhh yes, but what with the shortage of transplant organs in the country, it could be argued that we are carrying out a public service.

Bally Penny Farthing Pilots think they own the queens highway!

5. oh how i laugh with joy when i see wing mirrors bent of when silly twats in there cars move across on purpose to stop a motorcycle filtering

6. I too am amused to see the expression on the bikers face as my wipers eject him from my windsreen.

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I too, chuckle quite loudly when I see the carnage in my rear-view mirror of a motorcyclist who thinks the highway code doesn't apply to him still doing forward rolls - closely followed by his bike.

8. Or when you flip a packet of crisps on to their visor....

Or open your door on them.

9. how fast does your car go in a traffic jam..... pity you cannot see the huge grin our faces as you sit fuming

10. My favourite is tying cheeswire across the road Dick dastardly like... always makes Muttley chuckle..

11. what about the helmeted blue-toothe users??
    who are chatting away beneat their helmets??
    do you think that this only applies to motorists??
    a motorcyclist on the phone on the move is one hell of a danger..

12. the cad ..... should he rethink his post nice post advocating murder

13. It isn't murder old boy... merely assisting with natural selection.

14. Surely a motorcycle filtering, or taking advantage of increased speed, braking and size has no effect at all on the crawling passage of driving a car in the UK, so why is it then that so many car drivers have a sad on with bikes?

It also follows then that if you have not ridden a bike then how, as a car driver, can you comment on what is safe or not bearing in mind the vast differences in vehicle type?

I would not drive my car like i would ride my bike, and vice versa as they are both very very different. which is more fun is entirely down to the indivdual and what they are after.

Consider lastly that if more people who could rode bikes then there would be less congestion for the car drivers so then could we not all get along?

15. for many of us who are both car and motorcyclists you appreciate how differently you approach the road. I before i learnt to ride my motorbike didn't fully appreciate this, only on passing my motorcycle test that you can fully understand how little people actually pay full attention to the fact that when coming up to a junction just how easy it is to not see the motorcycle before they pull out on them with that time honoured phrase "sorry mate didn't see you"
    Equally if you don't like sitting in that traffic jam and whinge that yet another motorcycle is filtering down past you, learn to ride a motorbike yourself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.