Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Afterburner, Aug 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any advice on mobile phone providors, good deals etc in Germany gratefully received as I am heading that way soon.

2. Yip...will be joining you soon. Vodaphone is undoubtly the best over here, but is it the same in Germany? Are the phones still expensive over there? Can you get cracking deals like over here?

Baggy

3. Whats the pros and cons on Blackberry?
    I remember Beebs wrote something in a thread a few months ago but can't find it.
    There are plenty on ebay at the moment and I wondered about bidding for one.

4. They are very good phones and once you use one, you will not want to use a PDA again. However, if you're not going to use it for anything other than making calls, then there's no point in you getting one. However, of the people I know who own them, they swear by them so...... Also, I'm not sure if any of the blackberry's come with a camera for snaggy phots. Not that I take snaggy phots mind.

5. The biggest issue with a Blackberry is that is uses push technology, this can create a bit of a securuty hole if your handset gets nicked without your knowing.

I can bore about these for quite some time, so if you want to take it to PM feel free.

FH

6. RE: Germany - yep, price war raging just as everywhere else in Europe.