Mobile Phones - can anyone help?

Looking into getting a new mobile, and have narrowed it down to 2. Wondered if anyone has one of these and if they have had any problems with them / thinks they are excellent etc... The two are:

- Motorola V500
- Nokia 6100

Appreciate it!

xx
W

nokia generally are far more reliable than Motorola, (in my opinion)

The Nokia 6100 is superb, its what I use, and I have a dealership.

They do however have a couple of drawbacks.

1. Not blue tooth
2. No camera

Although Motorola have improved they aren't a patch on Nokia.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, have a look at the Samsung E700..

When you get your best price, Email / PM me and I'll bet you a pickled egg I can smash the price. (ask Lippy the uni-jug)

I have always had Nokia over the past 10 years and found them to be excellent. I am using the 7250i at the moment. It is a superb phone. Only drawback - no bluetooth. Has IR though.

i got a nokia 7250i and its great as long as it dont get wet. The interface for using hte nokia is a lot better than any other phone.

Get the nokia.

What ever you decide on – take it out of the shop and turn it on in daylight. I have a Sony Ericsson T610 – which is a good little bit of kit, all the blueteeth and whistles you could wish for – the only draw back is that in direct sunlight it’s impossible to see the display. 8O

And it is small !! - I keep having to ring myself up from a landline to find where I have put the bloody thing :D

I can wholeheartedly recommend Three as a network of choice.

£25 / month for 500 Minutes of any network, any time calls.

Don't think you'll beat that.

And you get a video phone thrown into the bargain.

The only downside I can see is that the best handset available on three is a motorola - & I hugely prefer Nokia handsets.

Anyhoo,

TTFN

BFG

Wynter,
Cringe as I must but admittedly MDN is right..... was looking at other models of phone and deals, but you wont get a better deal on an E700 anywhere else. Guaranteed. Well impressed with the phone. Just order an 02 sim, free 300 text and 300 mins of wap per month and its £10 top up every 30 days which is a mere pittance.
Go for it, its virtually painless :lol:

P.S. if anyone can use 2 x Nokia 7110's let me know. Theyre taking up valuable lingerie space in my suitcase.... :wink:

I must disagree with BFG.

I find Three the biggest pile of scrap since time began.

I handed back my dealership to them and told them to poke it.

When you phone customer services you get diverted to a call centre in the out back of gumba gumba land.

Thier invoicing system is pants and they cannot abide by a preffered direct debit date to save thier lives.

Considering Hutchinson founded Orange I am amazed they are still in business after this shower of poop.

Lippy, PM me, I'll cross your palms for those 7110's they will do as loan phones when I convert people from Three to a real network

Mighty_doh_nut said:
I must disagree with BFG.

When you phone customer services you get diverted to a call centre in the out back of gumba gumba land.

Thier invoicing system is pants and they cannot abide by a preffered direct debit date to save thier lives.
All Valid points I'm sure.....

However, that being said, I still doubt you can beat the £25 / 500 deal on another network.

TTFN

BFG

£25 for 500 mins is Very good...

but I'd sooner pay £35 and be gauranteed to be able to make a call, rather than try for an hour smash up your phone, have to spend money in a shop you don't want to, to get 20p to used a piss stenched phonebox

Nokias going to good home. Thanks guys. The power of arrse eh!
Pm box full. MY my wish I'd advertised my one cupped bra..... :wink:
Wynter get that E700. Its well worth it.

Doh! Just looked at the E700 again, dismissed it yesterday as a bit chunky, but had another look at the dimensions and it's quite a sexy little phone isn't it.

think i'll have to go and have a look at some irl to decide!

xx
W

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Check out the website:

www.tincantelephones.co.uk

The amount of line between the transcievers will be dictated by your most distant regular contact. If you do need two units, as a non-tech I would suggest a Heinz 57 encasement at each end and some 'String, Green' between. The website will assist with instructions for knot tying.

Apparently the Crosse & Blackwell don't give the same resonance nor do they have the same security capabilities. However, there is a possibility, (read 'rumour',) that some brand name containers, Tesco or Safeway, may be able to reach the same specs as Heinz.

I sincerely hope that this is of some assistance in your quest

Cutaway said:
Check out the website:

www.tincantelephones.co.uk

The amount of line between the transcievers will be dictated by your most distant regular contact. If you do need two units, as a non-tech I would suggest a Heinz 57 encasement at each end and some 'String, Green' between. The website will assist with instructions for knot tying.

Apparently the Crosse & Blackwell don't give the same resonance nor do they have the same security capabilities. However, there is a possibility, (read 'rumour',) that some brand name containers, Tesco or Safeway, may be able to reach the same specs as Heinz.

I sincerely hope that this is of some assistance in your quest
just a minor detail cutaway but 'string green waxed' will make for a better connection as you wont lose signal at the frays then :lol:

Which ever u decide make suer it comes with a decient contract. If u live in BFG u will need roaming.
Mobiles are invaluable on exersize. I dont think I could manage without one in places like Poland and Canada!!

Which ever u decide make suer it comes with a decient contract. If u live in BFG u will need roaming.
Mobiles are invaluable on exersize. I dont think I could manage without one in places like Poland and Canada!!