Mobile Phones - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Wynter, Mar 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking into getting a new mobile, and have narrowed it down to 2. Wondered if anyone has one of these and if they have had any problems with them / thinks they are excellent etc... The two are:

- Motorola V500
    - Nokia 6100

Appreciate it!

2. nokia generally are far more reliable than Motorola, (in my opinion)
  3. The Nokia 6100 is superb, its what I use, and I have a dealership.

They do however have a couple of drawbacks.

1. Not blue tooth
    2. No camera

Although Motorola have improved they aren't a patch on Nokia.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, have a look at the Samsung E700..

When you get your best price, Email / PM me and I'll bet you a pickled egg I can smash the price. (ask Lippy the uni-jug)
  4. I have always had Nokia over the past 10 years and found them to be excellent. I am using the 7250i at the moment. It is a superb phone. Only drawback - no bluetooth. Has IR though.
  5. i got a nokia 7250i and its great as long as it dont get wet. The interface for using hte nokia is a lot better than any other phone.

Get the nokia.
  6. What ever you decide on – take it out of the shop and turn it on in daylight. I have a Sony Ericsson T610 – which is a good little bit of kit, all the blueteeth and whistles you could wish for – the only draw back is that in direct sunlight it’s impossible to see the display. 8O

And it is small !! - I keep having to ring myself up from a landline to find where I have put the bloody thing :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I can wholeheartedly recommend Three as a network of choice.

£25 / month for 500 Minutes of any network, any time calls.

Don't think you'll beat that.

And you get a video phone thrown into the bargain.

The only downside I can see is that the best handset available on three is a motorola - & I hugely prefer Nokia handsets.

8. Wynter,
    Cringe as I must but admittedly MDN is right..... was looking at other models of phone and deals, but you wont get a better deal on an E700 anywhere else. Guaranteed. Well impressed with the phone. Just order an 02 sim, free 300 text and 300 mins of wap per month and its £10 top up every 30 days which is a mere pittance.
    Go for it, its virtually painless :lol:

P.S. if anyone can use 2 x Nokia 7110's let me know. Theyre taking up valuable lingerie space in my suitcase.... :wink:
  9. I must disagree with BFG.

I find Three the biggest pile of scrap since time began.

I handed back my dealership to them and told them to poke it.

When you phone customer services you get diverted to a call centre in the out back of gumba gumba land.

Thier invoicing system is pants and they cannot abide by a preffered direct debit date to save thier lives.

Considering Hutchinson founded Orange I am amazed they are still in business after this shower of poop.

Lippy, PM me, I'll cross your palms for those 7110's they will do as loan phones when I convert people from Three to a real network
  10. All Valid points I'm sure.....

However, that being said, I still doubt you can beat the £25 / 500 deal on another network.

11. Lippy, did you ever wear a long black leather coat & shades?

12. £25 for 500 mins is Very good...

but I'd sooner pay £35 and be gauranteed to be able to make a call, rather than try for an hour smash up your phone, have to spend money in a shop you don't want to, to get 20p to used a piss stenched phonebox
  13. Nokias going to good home. Thanks guys. The power of arrse eh!
    Pm box full. MY my wish I'd advertised my one cupped bra..... :wink:
    Wynter get that E700. Its well worth it.
  14. Thanks everyone for all your useful comments,

MDN, will be in touch! :wink:
  15. Doh! Just looked at the E700 again, dismissed it yesterday as a bit chunky, but had another look at the dimensions and it's quite a sexy little phone isn't it.

think i'll have to go and have a look at some irl to decide!