Mobile phone

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ive just had a -fortunately - missed call on mobile. 009*********** is the number that came up. On searching for the prefix it appears to be Nigeria. How the blazes do these people get mobile numbers?
  2. I sold yours onto them :wink:

They get sold on by companies that you have been in touch with or else they try all combinations until someone answers
  3. Only a guess but I'd say the call was automatically dialed by a computerised system. Perhaps the same sort of thing that telesales people use in this country?
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ah, yes. I did think of that, once I had calmed down somewhat. I very nearly replied! Good job I put my specs on first.
  5. Mr Mbongo,the big cheese at the Nigerian Ministry of Ripping Off Rich White Folk,was talking to me about the money I am helping him with.Seems I am in line for some of the 48,592,000,000 dollars (US) he found under some dead guys bed.
    He asked if I could help him find some 'more gulible fools' (by which I think he means others to share in his good fortune) so naturally I thought of you.
    He also says that God and Jesus are watching over me,so that's alright then. :D
  6. Be carefull with this, i have heard that some of these "overseas" numbers get you to call back and then "clone" your mobile sim card! next bill " £2,000 in calls to australia! Give your provider a quick bell and let them know as they normally will investigate/block said number if it is too fishy!!