Mobile Phone Jammer

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by babiesarm, Oct 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to buy a gadget which stops people using mobile phones when near the gadget.

Does anyone know if you can buy these things in the UK??

2. I believe your requirement may be best suited by using a twelve gauge shotgun and solid shot :twisted:

3. Probably a bit out of your range - but the main HQ building where I work is a 'no mobiles' zone. They have some clever thing that shouts at you if you have a mobile that goes off in thee - doesn't half shake people up!

4. Would prefer to use something a little less obvious!!

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

A claw hammer do the trick ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Possesion (not use) alone carries a 5yr custodial sentence in the UK (unless you have permission from OfCom).

However I believe they can be got from some of the more dubious markets in London.

http://starportuk.com/21.htm will do the job (apparently)

7. Best thing is to stick it near the J1/G1 desk where everyone arrives. Really annoys the admin staff! :D

8. Five years? you could do less time for rape or manslaughter. :roll:

9. If I believe my what I was taught on my class 1 then its true, they had one on my class 1 for demo purposes. If it was legal every YoS would get one and force everyone to get links in using the correct means.

10. So the twelve guage / claw hammer IS the logical choice then :lol:

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Mobile phone jammers are indeed illegal in the UK and most other countries around the world.

They not only jam the use of mobile phones but cause interference on the rest of the network. The mobile companies will spot it very quickly and can track it down within a few hours if it is too much of a nuisance. Then you are in the sticky stuff.

I know as I have just traced a company that had one of these running and caused havoc on our network. As well as getting prosecuted for illegal use of transmitting equipment our company is suing them for loss of income and costs in tracking them down.

Worth thinking about before running off and getting one. They do work quite well though, just don’t get caught. :twisted:

12. Cow

Cow LE

Then we'd never have comms....

13. Are these things legal in France or the rest of Europe??