Mobile phone for Southwick Park

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by BlueLightRun, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what mobile phone network has good coverage at DCPG, I've heard its really bad up there?

2. Used to be just 02 when I was there. Vodaphone was none existent.

3. Thanks MTG, anyone tried 3?

4. I have taken O2, Vodafone and Orange in the past and struggled with them all. There are certain places where you can get a signal on all but you have to hunt for it.

When I stayed in Leigh Mallory block for a long course a couple of years ago I had to hang my phone out of the window on string to get a signal and use a bluetooth headset to talk.

Adapt and overcome.

5. Snap, I found that with T Mobile leaving it on the metal window ledge helped enough to get a signal to text with.

Or you could walk to the dogging car park at the top of Portsdown Hill.

6. Orange is Crap, but my mobile broadband (3) works OK. get a decent signal near the Londis shop

7. Indeed, there is a very strong reception from the Dogging Car Park.....alledgedly.... 8O

8. Dogging car park? I was having a picnic..............honest!

9. 3 is the best at the moment, you should get reasonable coverage over most of the camp. O2 works but is limited, vodaphone is non-existant!! Use a 3 mobile broadband which works well!!

10. Agreed 3 for both at the moment.

11. Orange worked fine for me a couple of weeks ago.

12. T-mobile worked there last week for me.

13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I was getting about 1 bar on 02 last night, which is OK for talk but no good for any of the other iPhone services.

Unfortunately there is no open WiFi network.

14. Hi everyone,

Just popped on here to ask about broadband at Southwick Park. I'm heading down that way in Sept for a course and will be living in the Offrs' Mess whilst I'm there.

I'm a bit of an internet junky and wondered if anyone could tell me if there is an internet service in the Mess?

Many thanks,

Slacky

15. Yes there is.