Mobile Phone Contract Expiring?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Thought you might be interested in this – especially if you have received unsolicited calls regarding new mobile contracts with another company, when your own contract has come near to its completion.

This might explain why…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8364421.stm

2. Oh really? This implies that the other big providers didn't sell or provide details of customers who were near the end of their contracts.

Bollox.

I am acustomer of one of those mentioned above (not T Mobile) and was phoned on at least 3 occasions this year by another company telling me that they knew that I was near the end of my contract.

I reckon they are all at it but T Mobile has been caught.

3. I'm on 02 my contract expired about 4 months ago and I've not been contacted by anyone from any company including 02

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Begs the question of why T-Mobile bubbled themselves to the Information Commissioner then? Unless they became aware that a newspaper was about to run a story about it of course.

5. Why would they sell details of their own customer-base to a competitor? 8O

From my understanding, the story here is that the staff have sold these details unofficially.

6. I'm O2 2..I seem to have an permanent account...I'm 'luvin' it.. :D

7. Badly worded on my part. I meant employees, not the company.

8. Well you must be paying over the odd's for your contrack, that why there have not been it touch!!

Dave

9. no idea but I got it. 3 bugged the crap out of me for about 4 months whilst my vodaphone contract was ending, i assume they passed it on for unknown reasons.

unless they sell to a 3rd party who then can sell it to whichever company