Mobile 'phone - Best Deal?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by beefer, Nov 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a bit of a mobile 'phone numpty - I have a 'phone ( T moblie pre-pay ) but I'm not too happy with the coverage and cost, particularly in Europe. I'm going to be in France quite often in the near future - 1 week a month or so, any ideas as to the best network/deal?

Any advice greatfully received.

fanks

Beef :?

2. Two tin cans and a REALY long piece of string :D

Taxi for MB :roll:

3. Whatever you do don't buy from O2 Online!

I used to be a manager for them and the customer service is pretty shoite.

You really need to ask yourself how often you going to use and what you're going to use it for.

If you're a BIG text user or talk all the time or the reverse is going to determine what sort of deal you need phone or tariff wise.

I used to work for Phones4u and as a senior Manager for another mobile phone company. To be honest, a good place to start would be to go down to WH Smiths and buy What Mobile or any similar magazine - they all have comparison charts and the latest info on handsets etc.

Hope this has helped a bit. Need any more info please feel free to PM me.
    :)

4. In my experience, Carphone Warehouse provide an excellent service. They will give you impartial advice based on the information you give them about usage etc. Why not pop into your local branch and try them out? (Sorry, I know this sounds like an advert for CW, but I have bought all my mobiles from them and found them great.)

5. Thanks guys.

MB, you've just restored my faith in this site! LOL

Beef

6. Orange have 'special' deals for armed forces, worth investigating. Stay away from O2-I found their 'customer service' pretty dire.