Mobile kitchen island unit

My wife has decided we "need" a island unit in the kitchen.
Just to complicate the build,she wants into to be movable.So I need some ideas to jack the thing up so it can be moved.Sticking to the KISS system,I'm thinking some sort of mechanical device as opposed to electrical or pneumatic/hydraulic.
Any thoughts?

P

PrinceAlbert

Buy a butchers block on wheels. Job done. What sort of size are you looking for??

Keep it really cheap by swiping a shopping trolley (see werewolf for help) and sticking a sheet of MDF on top.

Dual role it by painting it green and storing a net and two rackets underneath for table tennis.

You can get some natty islands from Ikea that have lockable casters - I'm sure there are plenty of other off-the-shelf solutions as well.

C

cloudbuster

Granny used to call a mobile kitchen island unit a 'table', in the olden days.

Hey, have you tried Army Surplus, we had one of them in the back of an MK, can't
get more mobile than that!

Butchers blocks on wheels won't do it I'm afraid.Not stylish enough!
Size wise,I reckon 5' x 4' should do it.
Iv'e seen a coffe table with two lezzers in the scisser possition. Both with one arm up, the table rested on the raised hands and their bonce.

I thought it was mighty stylish. Shouldn't be to difficult to put heavy duty casters on the arse and other hand. Top it off with a 1000 base unit and a taistful worktop.

A

Aleegee1698

Why not buy a pallett-truck and 8 Euro-pallets.

Simply stack the pallets to the height required, slap a piece of Sterling board on top, and utilising the pallet-truck you could use your new "Island" in the living-room, in the garden, or even as a workbench in your out-building.

You gayer, have you not informed her she only works in the kitchen.

Stylish DIY is all about seeing how other people have overcome a problem and going one better.

Look at this:

Now start a new thread "How can I get reverse thrust on a Dyson?"