Mobile insurance

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by supermark500, Dec 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just splashed some cash on a decent phone I think I should get it insured (and I know I can get it cheaper than O2 were offering!). Been looking at: insure2go (£6.99 month/£64.99 year), insureandgo (£5.21 month/£62.50 year) and protectmybubble (£6.99 month/£83.88 year). Anyone have any experience dealing with these companies or have any other suggestions?
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well I know that the policy I bought through Carphone warehouse doesn't cover loss. Its theft and accidental damage only. And they kept asking for the phone back, to whit I've told them no they can't have it and there's nothing in the key facts that says its part of the contract that I have to give them the phone back.
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

house insurance will often add a phone for a couple of quid or check your bank account if its has bits thrown in

4. Thanks for that great piece of advice.
  5. Lost my phone yesterday. Sob. Only had it 3 years and their was over a fiver credit on it. Tesco profits will be up by a tenner tomorrow.
    I use the same phone as edomatt.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

do tesco sell them with the block of c4 attached then?
  7. Never bothered with phone insurance before despite the fact that it's part of my bank account agreement until I brought my iphone5 a couple of months ago.

It's brought me some peace of mind because just a month before, I lost a brand new ipad stolen by a mini cab driver. An expensive ride!

So check and see whether your bank offers you insurance as part of your deal?
  8. So he's without phone as well now then?
  9. He's going to be pissed off then.

How does that work? You post it to each other? Wouldn't it be cheaper to communicate by letter? (Or PM?)