Mobile field brothels

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by waffen, Nov 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently reading a book about the battle of Dien Bien Phu. The French military in an attempt to keep up the troops morale flew in two mobile field brothels. So my question is, do you think that this is something that the British Military should copy for use in Iraq and Afghan?
  2. i've heard the ECHOS birds put out anyway... ;)
  3. Cow

Cow LE

Yeah, just have accompanied tours, that'd sort things! Enough for all...
  4. Good point
  5. If there was to be such a thing - I hope they give the contract to some people who know what they are doing. The Germans do very good brothels. Well that is what the lads said anyway..........
  6. Virtually every Regiment that deploys on Ops from the British Army has it's own brothel.

It's called the Unit Admin Office.
  7. You may be able to claim back if you keep your reciept. The wonders of JPA.

Also, didn't the medics run there own brothel out in Iraq?
  8. I seem to remember in some book I read about the Peninsular War a captured French officer telling his captors "of course you beat us - you British & Portugese have an army - we French have a walking brothel" :lol:
  9. There is usually no shortage of desert princesses who are willing to assist in the upkeep of morale.

10. That's just nasty.

And true. :D
  11. Accompanied tours? I wouldn't wish my lovely bride on the Taleban...that's surely what the Geneva Convention is all about?
  12. we'd better keep this idea quiet or sodexho might take up the challenge. mmmmm blue rockets.