Mo Mowlam critical but stable

PartTimePongo said:
Some posts deleted.

Mowlam may not have been the greatest SOSNI , but she is in hospital dying by degrees. I have no intention of allowing remarks such as "I hope she dies in pain" to remain on this board.

She is widely credited with actually getting the Good Friday process started, which has led in turn to the IRA saying they're going to give up violence and return to the democratic process. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

If you cannot repect her for her time as SOSNI , that is understandable, but hoping she dies painfully is not a sentiment I wish to see expressed on Arrse.

PTP
Well done

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
PartTimePongo said:
Some posts deleted.

Mowlam may not have been the greatest SOSNI , but she is in hospital dying by degrees. I have no intention of allowing remarks such as "I hope she dies in pain" to remain on this board.

She is widely credited with actually getting the Good Friday process started, which has led in turn to the IRA saying they're going to give up violence and return to the democratic process. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

If you cannot repect her for her time as SOSNI , that is understandable, but hoping she dies painfully is not a sentiment I wish to see expressed on Arrse.

PTP
Shrug. Your trainset.

GIAO

No, not because it's my trainset (which it's not) , It just seems wholly inappropriate to wish a painful death on an individual because of her tenure as SOSNI . There are other politicians , (IMHO) who are far more fitting for that sort of wish , including those with (allegedly) a lot of blood on their hands.

Regards

PTP

PTP, would you be happy for people to express that wish if in your opinion it was "far more fitting"? Additionally, as I didn't wish her a painful or speedy death I'm not sure why my comment was deleted, but it's your call, so *shrug*.

IMHO she isn't an overly honourable politician as she held a ministerial role yet failed to demonstrate ministerial responsibility by putting up or shutting up when she should have done over Telic. She courted the press as & when it suited her, at times being 'Mo of the people’ & other times an exceedingly haughty Dr. Mowlam. Whilst accepting that we don't always know what goes on behind the scenes and as distasteful as it is, at times we need to deal with scum such as Adams and McGuinness, but she always appeared to be far too happy doing it. I don't believe that you can ever have completely separate personal and professional faces so I believe that she's as duplicitous and self-serving as most politicians and to my mind doesn't deserve to be lauded.

If these threads are simply and solelyfor those who like, respect or appreciate the work of these individuals to post their sycophantic drivel, why have them on Arrse at all? I for one despise Mowlem, and see no reason to change that opinion now she is ill.

Why should I or the people who make up the majority of my community feel in any way indebted to Mowlem "getting the Good Friday process started" when number one it was not her anyway (who got it started), and number two, I and they are not in favour of the Good Friday agreement and voted against it anyway.

So I cannot express any political sentiments, despite Mowlem having milked the reputation she undeservedly gained for all it is worth, and nailed her colours completely to her reputation build soley on her tenure as SOS NI?

My sentiments may have been edited, but sadly the regime and corrupt system implemented by Mowlem remains in place and is not so easy to get rid of.

Finally this editing is not only morally wrong, but indicative of a wider double standard, as I clearly remember having seen similar sentiments expressed about other politicians, none of which to my knowledge resulted in any action being taken against the members.

Comment please mods.

I repeat - I despise all politicians, but regardless of what you think of 'Mo', you can't deny she had her heart in the right place; she genuinely wanted the very best for this country, and couldn't care less what people thought of her or how she did business. That's why I did something I never thought I'd do, and wish her a speedy recovery.

BlotBangRub said:
If these threads are simply and solelyfor those who like, respect or appreciate the work of these individuals to post their sycophantic drivel, why have them on Arrse at all? I for one despise Mowlem, and see no reason to change that opinion now she is ill.

Why should I or the people who make up the majority of my community feel in any way indebted to Mowlem "getting the Good Friday process started" when number one it was not her anyway (who got it started), and number two, I and they are not in favour of the Good Friday agreement and voted against it anyway.

So I cannot express any political sentiments, despite Mowlem having milked the reputation she undeservedly gained for all it is worth, and nailed her colours completely to her reputation build soley on her tenure as SOS NI?

My sentiments may have been edited, but sadly the regime and corrupt system implemented by Mowlem remains in place and is not so easy to get rid of.

Finally this editing is not only morally wrong, but indicative of a wider double standard, as I clearly remember having seen similar sentiments expressed about other politicians, none of which to my knowledge resulted in any action being taken against the members.

Comment please mods.
Yawn...

The mods haven't deleted threads that merely expressed an opinion on how terrible a politician she was if you kept it policital I am sure PTP would have left well alone; what most right minded people agree with is that it is not acceptable to wish someone who is probably on her way out from terminal disease anything other than best wishes and support.

It pains me to say this but attitudes like yours make me wonder whether my tabbing the fields and streets of NI for the best part of a decade were worth it because to my mind biggotted drum bashing protestants are no better than biggoted drum bashing catholics - its about time you all stopped playing town hall politics and recognised that the world has move on. I thought we had got rid of the likes of you when they disbanded the B specials because the majority of RUC/PSNI and R IRISH I have served with were professionals who didn't wear a bag of potatoes on their shoulder.

I am sure Hiltler, Pol Pot and Mussolini all thought they were doing what was best for their countries.

I am sure Gerry Adams, Martin McGuinness, Johnny Adair, Slobodan Milosevic etc etc all thought likewise.

I don't believe that you can ever have completely separate personal and professional faces so I believe that she's as duplicitous and self-serving as most politicians and to my mind doesn't deserve to be lauded.
Your comment was deleted because it was a waste of bandwidth.

Finally this editing is not only morally wrong, but indicative of a wider double standard, as I clearly remember having seen similar sentiments expressed about other politicians
You have. in some cases they have been deleted, especially the ones threatening politicians with physical harm. Other sentiments, expressed about those who have been (allegedly) involved in causing physical harm to members of HM Forces and others, wishing a swift and natural death or other painful existence have been allowed to remain. Double standards? No , I don't remember Mowlam being involved "allegedly" in acts of terrorism.

My editing is "morally wrong" in your opinion BBR ,not in mine. If you wish to complain to the Bosses that I have deleted and edited your replies on this topic, because you think your freedom of speech is contravened when I edit out "I hope she dies a painful death" , then feel free.

PTP

Percy, I think you will find the majority of the unionist polulation think the same as me.

Ps thanks for all your " tabbing", I will put you up for a brave little boy medal, you and virtually everyone else on this forum, including me, you arrogant dick.

The Mods are ipsosed just fine Dozy. Your intital comment was a waste of bandwidth . If you can't put your thoughts in writing, as opposed to making an allusory reference to them, then don't bother. Or were you concerned they'd go the same way as BBR's?

Before anyone else chimes in with Wiki entries and the like, bear this in mind. I have an uncle who is a former DCC of the RUC , I have no sympathy or truck with the Republican movement or it's sympathisers, alleged or otherwise.

But that does not mean I want to see totally negative posts relating to a woman dying by inches.

PartTimePongo said:
The Mods are ipsosed just fine Dozy. Your intital comment was a waste of bandwidth . If you can't put your thoughts in writing, as opposed to making an allusory reference to them, then don't bother. Or were you concerned they'd go the same way as BBR's?
I think I state my opinions forthrightly enough often enough on these boards not to be regarded as a one-line posting band-width thief. As for being "concerned they'd go the same way as BBR's" I don't understand what you mean - I've no idea when he posted his comments & don't worry about how my thoughts are perceived by others. You can chop all you like, I rarely raise an eyebrow at things you do cull and my comment about my original comment being chopped was an aside rather than the crux of my second post. Nothing I've written is a personal attack on you, I know that this is the COs' train-set, that ARRSE isn't a democracy etc. but as one with your own strong political and moral beliefs you have the power of moderation over yourself as well as those of us who post on this board, but being human, I doubt you ever see anything that you write as being flippant or a waste of band-width.

Edited for badly positioned apostrophe. :oops:

BlotBangRub said:
Percy, I think you will find the majority of the unionist polulation think the same as me.

Ps thanks for all your " tabbing", I will put you up for a brave little boy medal, you and virtually everyone else on this forum, including me, you arrogant dick.
I didn't tab for the likes of you but the honest, decent, innocent individuals who deserve better. Thanks for the offer of a medal but I've got several already and find the cost of adding to them a bore.

Finally, there is nothing arrogant in speaking as I find it based on an awful lot of experience. Generally I find that those who resort to abuse have run out of coherent arguments - reinforced in this case by your earlier unforgiveable comments wishing Mo Mowlam a painful and early death.

You can chop all you like
Thank you, I will, and do :D

Nothing I've written is a personal attack on you
Now where did I say that?

but as one with your own strong political and moral beliefs you have the power of moderation over yourself as well as those of us who post on this board, but being human, I doubt you ever see anything that you write as being flippant or a waste of band-width.
Yes I do , and have deleted my replies on numerous occasions Dozy, but some flippant remarks and indeed bandwidth consuming one-liners do remain scattered about Current Affairs and other places. I shall have a word with myself.

B

Biscuits_AB

Vegetius said:
Seemed like a nice woman, though, albeit totally out of her depth and viciously prejudiced on an irrational and visceral level against the RUC...
The widely-reported incident whereby she allegedly boasted of sending her RUC protection team to go and buy her tampons as part of an attempt to "liberate the Ulster male" immediately springs to mind.

V!
Some of those f*ckers needed liberating though V. Still trapped in 1690. Find that hard to believe though........was she not past menstruating age when she was over there?

Any experts on 'red wings' please feel free to correct me.

Percy, you really are a legend in your own lunchtime are'nt you.

My hero, tell, you what you can have all my medals too, as you deserve them so much more.

SOS NI was a poisoned challace for any politician.
I'm not a fan of Mo's however that said she is a spirited character with unorthodox methods of practice, compared to some of the dust covered crusties she worked alongside and for that i wish her well.