Mnmum age to vst an AFCO alone

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by phonetrader1221, Apr 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hı

Im 15 and want to joın the army when I fınısh school.

I want to go to my nearest AFCO to get some more ınfomatıon but would I be allowed to do thıs on my own?

Thanks ın advance

2. Yes, unless you want to take a mate for a bit of support. I wandered in when i was 15 for a chat, told them I was interested in joining and walked out half an hour later with a shedload of booklets and leaflets :)

And it was a skive from school :)

3. Same here, in fact when I was 15-16 I was always in my local ACIO (as it known then)

At that age they will probably advise AFC Harrogate, what they won't/can't do is sign you up straight away. In fact they advised me against joining up with the juniors as I was a bit immature, and, in hindsight, they were right.

I would advise against taking a parent/guardian, I always feel showing up alone proves character.

Good luck

4. On the contary I would prefer speaking with parents personally as theres lots of things to take in and questions to be asked. If under 18 you need one parent to sign initial paperwork (AFCO4) to be able to start the process and later on down the line all guardians/parents to sign consent forms prior to enlistment.

I really would go in with your parents though for the ICV.