Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mnemonics

SODA said:
C
A
K
E

Anybody? Just cant for the life of me remember it... Thanks

Battle procedure
C- Concurrent activity at all levels
A- Anticipation of future tasks
K- Through knowledge of the grouping system
E- Efficient drills for the issue of orders

...i think...

coax-on

Old-Salt
Right MFC's or ex Mortar Blokes what about what the MFC should know when he crosses the LD

T
P
T
P
S
H
O
R
N
F
L
D

Before I joined the army I was an apprentice electronics engineer (apart from a couple of months working in a steel works). In those days electronic components had information about them printed on them. In the case of resistors they had coloured bands around them representing different values. In order to remember the values we had to remember the coloured bands in order of appearance on the component: Black; Brown; Red etc. So the mnemonic went like this:
Bad
Boys
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Violet
Gives
Willingly

All probably pointless now as I am not sure if resistors exist any more in electronic circuits.

HVM_Boy

War Hero
When I learned that mnemonic the 'BB' didnt stand for "Bad boys".

:policecap:

HVM_Boy

War Hero
Battle procedure
C- Concurrent activity
A- Anticipation at all levels
K- Knowledge of the grouping system
E- Efficient drills

I was never really sure how the Grouping system worked. Yes, I understood the O-Gp and R-Gp but I think that this aspect is over rated.

Discuss.

HVM_Boy said:

What did it stand for?

HVM_Boy

War Hero
eodmatt said:
HVM_Boy said:

What did it stand for?

I'd rather not say. It could be viewed as racist and I know how sensitive some people on here can be, particularly FiveAlpha.

GlynCC

Crow
I know its been dead for ten years but CNNFARI and Im trying to remember one that goes something like sweet Rosie singing waterloo rhymes. It was 40 years ago but I think it was to do with harbour areas.
One Ill never forget is WOFT.

Latest Threads