MMA mainstream tv companies scared or just ignorant ???

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by valetudo1, Oct 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are you dribbling on about? If you wouldn't mind taking your face for a dump, then flushing yourself down the toilet. Thanks

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

It's taken you over two months to find that piece & post on here.
    Been too long in a cage I think!

3. I said educated opinions mate if you would like the dictionary def of "educated" mail me at uracockandyanoyaare.com

glad to be of service and thanks for your input please feel free to return to ******** and let the grown ups talk. :lol:

4. true ....note to self dont block knees with face.

5. Anyone else see the Irony of this.

PS. If you need any help with the big words, feel free to ask

6. Or perhaps you can learn to write a concise question? The Link you posted referred to all sorts. Are you on about Weed, Cage Fighting, the Russians??

What does any of it have to do with the original question?

7. Smudge
    Or perhaps you can learn to write a concise question? The Link you posted referred to all sorts. Are you on about Weed, Cage Fighting, the Russians??

What does any of it have to do with the original question?

"Pte Pile.....you climb obstacles like old people f*ck!!!"

MMA... Mixed martial arts ...(cage fighting) any clearer???

8. So....why didn't you just say that? I personally am a fan, and used to be a fighter.

What gives you the impression that TV companies are either scared or ignorant?

9. Anyone else see the Irony of this(question mark goes here!!!).

PS. If you need any help with the big words, feel free to ask(.)

Ha ha ya gotta laugh, oh ps you should really check your own prior to the critique .... ( ? is this missing from some place?) but seriously when I said education I refer to subject knowledge, lol ..a valid point all the same.

Love how an MMA topic has turned in to GCSE English.

10. Top tip.....the "quote" button is on the right hand side.

With regards to your English, I have edited your mistakes.

11. Well smudge, firstly why no mainstream coverage? Surely you being a former fighter can see the benifits of more wide spread exposure for the sport?
    And when it is in the news or on mainstream tv it is always to try and rubbish the sport ...brutal this barbarrick that!! know what I meen? Fighters know what it takes to step into that cage ..no room to hide in there, no forum warriors or walts.
    And i think boxing has a very tight grip on the ratings as far as fight sports go and they feel the pressure that MMA is bringing, boxing is a great sport but it its in comparison fairly one dimensional...and thats were the fear comes in in my humble educated opinion. lol

12. lol cheers ICT as well English this place is great ..

13. Cage fighting has always been viewable on Sky. That's where I've always watched it.

Granted, exposure to a wider audience will bring the sport on, no doubt. In time, I'm sure that will be the case.

People who don't usually watch contact sports will porbably not enjoy the sport, purely because of it's aggressive nature (more blood than normal etc)

14. Hey wadya know the quote button works...

When I say mainstream I mean terrestrial TV BBC etc.. not sat or cable, at the moment the only channel that shows MMA is Bravo on cable or sky or extreme sports channel on sky or cable or the wrestling channel (pisses me off, that it is classed in the same bunch as pro wrestling ) on sky.
    I get the point you make about the blood and stuff but why not after 9pm?hows that different from boxings bloody wars?