MMA claims from HM Tightarses

#1
I recently heard from a mate that his MMA claims were rejected for "not having the correct accompanying paperwork". When I asked him why this was the case all of a sudden (he'd had no problems with previous claims), he told me the pay office were "cracking down", something to do with too many people putting claims in (possibly lots of false ones). I've recently driven to the In-Laws in South Germany, and used fuel coupons all the way. On my first trip I asked at the garage for receipts and was told that I couldn't get a receipt when I used fuel coupons. What other accompanying paperwork can I use, for Christ's sake? McDonalds receipts? If anyone could shed any light on this multitutde of grey areas (such as which army publications help you to fill out these forms) I'd be grateful, cheers.
 
#2
It's these pen-pushing, shit-shovelling, jotter-blotters at the APC again. I have a bloke who filled in a 1771, put the incorrect MMR, and instead of getting the Tipp-ex out and correcting it the 'Motor Mileage Mafia' at Glasgow sent it all the way back with a letter saying 'we're not going to pay because you've put down the wrong rate'. What fecking sense is that - it would have cost far less man hours to simply correct it at their end.

Someone in a different thread suggested Nuking Kentigern House. Well, far be it from me to advocate acts of terrorism, but I can understand why people are driven to despair by these tools.
 
#3
Country_Bumpkin said:
instead of getting the Tipp-ex...
Sadly they are not allowed to use Tippex as the 1771 is a financial form.

Civil law, not APC burocracy in this case.
 
#4
You're not one of them are you Toilet_Drinker? I'd keep that under your hat if you were.

Tipp-ex was a bad example. What I should have said was 'instead of crossing it out and re-writing...'
You can see where I'm coming from though? It would have been far easier for them to process the claim at the correct rate and amend the sheet.
 
#5
There is always a need to be able to prove that you carried out a journey, Skintboymike jokingly mentioned Mcdonalds receipts..don't joke, they will do if you have nothing else. Fuel receipts are rarely any good unless you actually fill up at your destination, I can do 800 miles on a tank of fuel in my car so it's rare. If it is a claim for mma then you just need something to say that you actually went to place "X" on date "X", if you are claiming to go to Inverness and you have a receipt from tescos Inverness, with the right date then that is enough supporting evidence. The pay wallahs have to answer to an audit trail, if you just do your little bit then it's easy.
 
#6
floppyjocky said:
There is always a need to be able to prove that you carried out a journey, Skintboymike jokingly mentioned Mcdonalds receipts..don't joke, they will do if you have nothing else. Fuel receipts are rarely any good unless you actually fill up at your destination, I can do 800 miles on a tank of fuel in my car so it's rare. If it is a claim for mma then you just need something to say that you actually went to place "X" on date "X", if you are claiming to go to Inverness and you have a receipt from tescos Inverness, with the right date then that is enough supporting evidence. The pay wallahs have to answer to an audit trail, if you just do your little bit then it's easy.
never mind the claim, what car you got!??!?!??!
 
#7
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
floppyjocky said:
There is always a need to be able to prove that you carried out a journey, Skintboymike jokingly mentioned Mcdonalds receipts..don't joke, they will do if you have nothing else. Fuel receipts are rarely any good unless you actually fill up at your destination, I can do 800 miles on a tank of fuel in my car so it's rare. If it is a claim for mma then you just need something to say that you actually went to place "X" on date "X", if you are claiming to go to Inverness and you have a receipt from tescos Inverness, with the right date then that is enough supporting evidence. The pay wallahs have to answer to an audit trail, if you just do your little bit then it's easy.
never mind the claim, what car you got!??!?!??!
I reckon it is a bog standard Ford escort but the fuel tank is the whole of the boot and where the backseat should be. :)
 
#9
I dream of Ford Escorts (with burberry seat covers). it's an Audi A6 1.9Tdi, I managed 796 miles on one tank last month, OK I was driving like Miss Daisy but just trying to make the RESPOD worth it.
 
#10
Steven said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
floppyjocky said:
There is always a need to be able to prove that you carried out a journey, Skintboymike jokingly mentioned Mcdonalds receipts..don't joke, they will do if you have nothing else. Fuel receipts are rarely any good unless you actually fill up at your destination, I can do 800 miles on a tank of fuel in my car so it's rare. If it is a claim for mma then you just need something to say that you actually went to place "X" on date "X", if you are claiming to go to Inverness and you have a receipt from tescos Inverness, with the right date then that is enough supporting evidence. The pay wallahs have to answer to an audit trail, if you just do your little bit then it's easy.
never mind the claim, what car you got!??!?!??!
I reckon it is a bog standard Ford escort but the fuel tank is the whole of the boot and where the backseat should be. :)
Much more likely it's a bog standard Ford escort with 10 jerry cans in the boot! 8O

:wink: :wink: :wink:
 
#11
While we're on the topic of claims, our unit clerk told me recently that after the forms have been signed by the OC and sent to Reg accounts, occasional claim forms "go missing" with increasing regularity. I wondered if anyone here has had the same problem, and if they did, how they dealt with it. Someone, somewhere, is obviously losing them on purpose to save money, no two ways about it. Surely though, cost cutting isn't the job of the office clerk? Why would he want to fcuk over his fellow NCO's? And if not, how far up the chain does this act of misconduct go? I've started putting in a lot of claims recently for work trips up country, and I'm told they will undoubtedly either be refused or lost. Doesn't fill you with confidence, does it?
 
#12
While we're on the topic of claims, our unit clerk told me recently that after the forms have been signed by the OC and sent to Reg accounts, occasional claim forms "go missing" with increasing regularity. I wondered if anyone here has had the same problem, and if they did, how they dealt with it. Someone, somewhere, is obviously losing them on purpose to save money, no two ways about it. Surely though, cost cutting isn't the job of the office clerk? Why would he want to fcuk over his fellow NCO's? And if not, how far up the chain does this act of misconduct go? I've started putting in a lot of claims recently for work trips up country, and I'm told they will undoubtedly either be refused or lost. Doesn't fill you with confidence, does it?
 
#14
Skintboymike, if you have a genuine problem you need to share it with your OC instead of whining about it here. Put you gripe in writing quoting all the facts and let the OC sort it out with your RAO.
 
#15
Darling said:
Skintboymike, if you have a genuine problem you need to share it with your OC instead of whining about it here. Put you gripe in writing quoting all the facts and let the OC sort it out with your RAO.
And send him TWO copies, just to make sure he knows how pissed off you are! :wink:
 
#16
on the subject of claims, i went on a course at the end of last year, filled out a 1771, got a non availability signed as no vehicles avail for detail, took me own car, used a tank and a bit of fuel, expected to get a claim back....NAH. got the form back some weeks later saying that it wouldn't be paid as i should of taken a hire car. yet it was cheaper to take my own car and i had the flexibility when i was away. wheres the sense in that, thought it had to be the cheapest way of getting to a place that counts????
 
#17
wqell challenge the RAO about it then through your OC. You are entitled to claim up to the cost of the cheapest method of travelling to complete an official duty. If you are fobbed off, keep pressing because you will win...eventually.
 
#18
In one of my previous units they caught 3 blokes in the block who had said they were going to Ayr for the weekend and had planned to claim MMA, after that before you went on any journey that you planned to claim MMA you ghad to report to the Admin office and get a chit which had to be stamped at a post office,police station etc when you were on leave, then present that as supporting evidence of travel.

Fcukers.

sparky
 
#19
Like I said Darling, it's not a problem I've encountered myself to date (touch wood), although I have only recently started putting claims in. I've no reason to bitch (yet), just asking if anyone else had encountered any problems of that nature so far. I'm unsure if my RAO is particularly bad, or if it's a regularly occurring thing. Have no doubt that if my claims get lost, forgotten or rejected then my C of C will soon know about it
 
#20
Oh and another thing Darling, is this really your first ARRSE post in the whole TWO AND A HALF YEARS you've been a member? All that time thinking of a witty post and you wasted it on me!
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads