MMA and Business Insurance

A quick question regarding claiming MMA, when using you private car.

Are you required to have a Business insurance cover for that vehicle?

My understanding of business insurance is that its only required if your transporting items for a profit or making a profit by using the vehicle, i.e. taxi.

Is there a DIN that covers this.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I have ever been told, yes you do need business insurance. this is due to the fact that your normal insurance covers you for travel to and from a 'usual' place of work, i.e. somewhere that you travel to every day. So, I have had business insurance to cover journeys to places other than my normal unit. It usually costs less than a tenner on the policy for me, once I explain what its for.

Dont know if there is a DIN that covers it, best ask your HR supervisor for final clarification

Yes, you do. It's got nothing to do with where you go on your journeys, though. It's because you're being reimbursed for your journey.

I thought the Army wanted £20 million indemnity insurance, but I could be wrong. Just why they need it, I don't know. How much damage can you do to a tank?

There is a thread on here somewhere that goes into more detail.

Ask your insurance company, I had mine added and they didn't charge any more as it only occasional useage.