Mllaaarrrr of the Year Award

#1
You couldn't make it up!

An ambulance crew who relied on a satellite navigation device while transferring a patient 12 miles across Essex realised something was wrong only when they reached Manchester four hours later.

London Ambulance Service was at a loss yesterday to explain why the crew had not noticed their journey was taking somewhat longer than expected or how they had managed to miss subtle indicators that it was going awry — such as Birmingham.
Telegraph.co.uk

:!: At what stage would anyone with more than 2 brain-cells think, "Something's not right!" :?:
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#3
DozyBint said:
You couldn't make it up!

An ambulance crew who relied on a satellite navigation device while transferring a patient 12 miles across Essex realised something was wrong only when they reached Manchester four hours later.

London Ambulance Service was at a loss yesterday to explain why the crew had not noticed their journey was taking somewhat longer than expected or how they had managed to miss subtle indicators that it was going awry — such as Birmingham.
Telegraph.co.uk

:!: At what stage would anyone with more than 2 brain-cells think, "Something's not right!" :?:
Call me a cynical old sod (you're a cynical old sod-the entire forum)
but something is really quite suss about this. I don't subscribe to frenchperson's conspiracy theories or such but surely no-one is that mind-bogglingly stupid?
 
#4
Well a long haul up the motorway shold have been a big indicator really.

I can can imagine the conversation now.
'I didnt know shakespeares birthplace was in essex.........'
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#6
LordVonHarley said:
No Conspiracy, they just fancied a day off work so did one and blamed it on TomTom.
Pretty much what I was getting at LvH.
 
#7
Sixty said:
LordVonHarley said:
No Conspiracy, they just fancied a day off work so did one and blamed it on TomTom.
Pretty much what I was getting at LvH.

An ambulance crew who relied on a satellite navigation device while transferring a patient 12 miles across Essex realised something was wrong only when they reached Manchester four hours later.

London Ambulance Service was at a loss yesterday to explain why the crew had not noticed their journey was taking somewhat longer than expected or how they had managed to miss subtle indicators that it was going awry — such as Birmingham.
I think that you may have missed a key indicator here Sixty ;)
 
#9
Pity the patient in the back only had 1 hour's O2...

"Whats that gurgling sound Gaz?" "Don't know Daz. I never knew Northampton was on the A12 before... fancy a Big Mac??"
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#10
Gremlin said:
Sixty said:
LordVonHarley said:
No Conspiracy, they just fancied a day off work so did one and blamed it on TomTom.
Pretty much what I was getting at LvH.

An ambulance crew who relied on a satellite navigation device while transferring a patient 12 miles across Essex realised something was wrong only when they reached Manchester four hours later.

London Ambulance Service was at a loss yesterday to explain why the crew had not noticed their journey was taking somewhat longer than expected or how they had managed to miss subtle indicators that it was going awry — such as Birmingham.
I think that you may have missed a key indicator here Sixty ;)

Oh dear.

I missed nothing. I know the journey was supposed to be across Essex and also where they claimed they ended up. Was merely agreeing that they may indeed have fancied doing very little work that day and the satnav was the best excuse they could come up with.
 
#12
suits_U said:
sure it was an ambulance and not a 'pimped out' transit or some such chav motor.
Also, do not overlook that this took place in Essex. Not exactly overloadd with Mastermind winners. And, was the driver a girl - another hazard.
(PS - I can say this sort of thing. Born Romford when it was Essex)
 
#13
Civvy_Shot said:
Pity the patient in the back only had 1 hour's O2...

"Whats that gurgling sound Gaz?" "Don't know Daz. I never knew Northampton was on the A12 before... fancy a Big Mac??"

AHHHHH, it all makes sense now. We've finally discovered what Daz does when he's not posting his exalted submissions to this forum.
 
#14
Sixty said:
....surely no-one is that mind-bogglingly stupid?
I read about a German motorist whose dashboard satellite navigation device said there was a bridge ahead.

There was no bridge ahead; there was a river ahead.

The motorist, subscribing to the view that reading is believing, drove his car into the river.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top