Mllaaarrrr of the Year Award

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DozyBint, Dec 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You couldn't make it up!

:!: At what stage would anyone with more than 2 brain-cells think, "Something's not right!" :?:
  2. blimey lucky it wasnt an emergency patient
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Call me a cynical old sod (you're a cynical old sod-the entire forum)
    but something is really quite suss about this. I don't subscribe to frenchperson's conspiracy theories or such but surely no-one is that mind-bogglingly stupid?
  4. Well a long haul up the motorway shold have been a big indicator really.

I can can imagine the conversation now.
    'I didnt know shakespeares birthplace was in essex.........'
  5. No Conspiracy, they just fancied a day off work so did one and blamed it on TomTom.
  6. Sixty

Pretty much what I was getting at LvH.
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I think that you may have missed a key indicator here Sixty ;)
  8. sure it was an ambulance and not a 'pimped out' transit or some such chav motor.
  9. Pity the patient in the back only had 1 hour's O2...

"Whats that gurgling sound Gaz?" "Don't know Daz. I never knew Northampton was on the A12 before... fancy a Big Mac??"
  10. Sixty

Oh dear.

I missed nothing. I know the journey was supposed to be across Essex and also where they claimed they ended up. Was merely agreeing that they may indeed have fancied doing very little work that day and the satnav was the best excuse they could come up with.
  11. It's a bit like the old "sorry I wont be in work, my Gran died" excuse, you can only use it twice.
  12. Also, do not overlook that this took place in Essex. Not exactly overloadd with Mastermind winners. And, was the driver a girl - another hazard.
    (PS - I can say this sort of thing. Born Romford when it was Essex)

13. AHHHHH, it all makes sense now. We've finally discovered what Daz does when he's not posting his exalted submissions to this forum.
  14. I read about a German motorist whose dashboard satellite navigation device said there was a bridge ahead.

There was no bridge ahead; there was a river ahead.

The motorist, subscribing to the view that reading is believing, drove his car into the river.
  15. Essex to Madchester in 4 hours thats not bad going all the same!!