MLDP 2 help

Discussion in 'OTC' started by ooh2g, Feb 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, just looking for a quick guide (need to get up to speed) on the basics of the orders process and the 7 q's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ooh2g, here is the Arrsepedia page, it is very useful. My advice, though limited in its experience is this. Don't get carried away by the amount of handouts you get. Essentially the Seven Questions can be split in two.

Identifying the Effects you want to have on the enemy

Developing the plan you want to put into action

Remember that orders are just a story that explains to your lads exactly what you want them to do. Nothing more. They just come in a funny format that takes a bit of getting used to. Get your DS to do practice runs extracting orders and doing the Seven Questions. It helps a huge amount. Above all, act confident even if you're not. At MLDP 2 level they're not looking for Clausewitz, though a bit of tactics helps! From the Sandhurst guide to orders

"A man does not have himself killed for £37.48 (sic) a day or a petty distinction.

You must speak to the soul in order to electrify him."

(Napoleon)

Hope this is of some help. Any problems PM me or anyone else who chips in, as they are doubtless much wiser than I.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/E-nirex

Edited to add hyperlink because I'm a mong and it's 0347.