Mladic arrested

Do they have the death penalty in that neck of the woods ?
I believe the SOPs is to dig a massive trench, put a 7.62mm through the back of your head, and cover you in quicklime. Nothing short of what the bastard deserves.

I'd prefer it if they'd have declared that it wasn't him, and someone quietly took him up into the hills and RGJ'd him.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
There's been a press conference in Belgrade announcing his capture. So the Serbs are going to look pretty stupid if they've got the wrong man.

Sadly, 'an eye for an eye' is out as a form of justice, else I'd suggest handing him over to the widows from Srebrenica.

Wordsmith

On Sky News it says that Mladic is wanted for "11 Counts of Genocide, Crimes Against Humanity & Ethnic Cleansing."

Isn't "Genocide" and "Ethnic Cleansing" the same thing?

On Sky News it says that Mladic is wanted for "11 Counts of Genocide, Crimes Against Humanity & Ethnic Cleansing."

Isn't "Genocide" and "Ethnic Cleansing" the same thing?
Both nasty, but a bit different. Genocide means wiping a group out. Ethnic cleansing just means getting all groups but one out of an area, which may involving killing them but doesn't have to -- you tell people they're going to be killed if they don't leave and they tend to clear off sharpish.

What will Serbia receive now and will they come in from the non-EU cold now they've 'found' Mladic?