Mk7 helmet cover my arse! It's a mk 6 one but in mtp

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Viking2319, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents, had a quick scout around couldn't find much on the dilemma of the new lid covers. So apologies if this has been done before.

As it gets thrown to you the QM shouts "cover helmet Mk 7". However on further inspection it is in fact a mk 6 cover but in MTP.

Most of the blokes are cracking out the good ol' sniper tape to shape it to the new lid. However from experience the green stuff epically fails when subjected to any form of climate other than that of the UK's.

Any suggestions?

2. The cover and the gash strips that are now being issued....

Attached Files:

3. Got our Herrick issue a month back, feck knows whether we'll get the new cover before we deploy

4. I take it you are 1 R Anglian? Ill ask around at work tomorrow and see if there is an issue for your lot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yea, Roger cheers

6. MTP ties how de rigueur
    I assume thats some sort of replacement for helemt scrim ?

7. So using more than 1cm of green sniper tape isn't good for camouflage therefore isn't allowed?, but using x2 3cm green strips of elastic is?

Is there going to be a regulation for tying on the strips of rag so we all look the same?

8. Funnily enough, I've got a Mk6 Helmet Cover in MTP, issued for my...you've guessed it...Mk6 Helmet ;-)

9. My guess is the strips are to replace the hessian currently being used by some people out in Afghan. Theres a thread about the IBN that was released last year covering helmet scrim.

10. Those covers look shit like the first ones issued when the kevlar lid first came out in the mid 80's

11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

My personal pet peeve - which I realise is silly but irritates the **** out of me - is the elasticised rim thingy on helmet covers so when they are placed on the helmet you can see this sort of flat rim on the inner edge of the helmet instead of being tucked away out of sight inside the helmet like a normal civilised person would do it.

Drives me to throwing things at the tv...

Btw those green tapes sown onto the thing look like aiming points to me!! Has anyone worked out the percentage of casualties this oversight will cause???

12. Mines been cut and taped. mk7 my arrse.

14. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I mean it's bad enough to be sent off to be shot at - is it absolutely necessary to force one to wear what appears to be a giant mushroom on your head?

15. It's traditional. Chap called Brodie started it.