Mk1 Bren Gun by Enfield

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by kieronhill, Mar 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just got myself a 1943 MK1 Bren gun deactivated by Ryton Arms
    and I am on the look out for a Transit box to store it in, anyone
    got one lying around being used as a tool box? Also has anyone
    got any detailed spec on these guns?

A couple of pictures

Attached Files:

2. Would the wooden GPMG boxes do?

3. I have a 1937 pattern webbing spare parts wallet for the Bren, if you're interested.

4. Different fittings unfortunately. I doubt there are many similarities at all.

5. [​IMG]

From a recent Militaria 2009 show in Stonleigh, Warwickshire.

6. The fittings can be removed though, and with a little jiggery pokery, can be adapted. He didn't specify that he wanted a pukka Bren transit box.

7. I know where there are pukka Mk 1 BRENs in boxes - complete with cleaning kits, instruction manuals et al. They are held by the Albanian Army and were sent there during WW" by the Brits.

I have a mate who demils some of this stuff so I will see if he can get you a box. TBH its a long shot but I need to speak to him this weekend anyways so I will let you know.

Kieron - pm me on this.

8. Email world wide arms.

faling that try an arms fair they are generally knocking around.

I might have a couple of spare .303 mags and an original & toolbelt bag somewhere, I'll have a shufty

9. Firstly thanks guys for the offers.

Rickshaw Major PM sent

FiveAlpha Thank you for the offer really appreciated but I would prefer to have a original Bren box sorry I should have said, thanks again.

Chimurenga yeah I'd interested in the webbing tell me more, thanks for the offer

10. [​IMG]

Bag same as that one

11. FFS MDN, you can afford a cover for your Bren, but not carpet for the house.
    Come on man, get your priorities sorted out man! :D

12. i think his priorities are fine :D

(my kids goes hungry at times, but i gotta make sure i can afford enough ammo to practice with, know what i mean?)

13. Oh I do DrS, Oh I do! :D