Mk 5 assault boat.

Hi all,
went to see a Mk 5 assault boat for sale,just wondering if anyone got any idea how much i should pay for it,they want £1000 for it,is that to much or a bargain ?
Any tthoughts would be great,thanks.

P

PrinceAlbert

If you're referring to one of those flat bottomed aluminium things, then £1000 sounds far too much. They're shit.

C

cloudbuster

The OP might find it a good deal cheaper, and no less seaworthy, to see if there's a LWB Series III Land Rover hard-top on eblag.

M

Mark The Convict

1000 sheets is rather a lot for something that sails like a skip.
They fly surprisingly well, especially when driven over each other broadside at full speed during 'familiarisation training'. It's quite safe if you get down between the seats.

M

Mark The Convict

Upturned aluminium boxes riveted to the hull, carefully pre-damaged IOT rip chunks out of unsuspecting buttocks during the desperate dives for survival mentioned above.

"How should we launch it?"
"Well reverse the DROPS to the waters edge and unload the rack so its 45 degrees and release that last ratchet strap....but climb in with a paddle to stop it floating off into the middle of the lake"
"Good idea, shall i sit in it?"
"Well im the DROPS Op so you better had"

Well you can imagine what happened, instead of ensuring the rack touched the ground at the rear the 2 lads who i was watching from afar with a knowing smile on my face, released it whilst it was still 5ft off the ground......Thorpe Parks water flume ride had nothing on a MK5 flying off the rack into the water with a 6ft wall of water covering the entire boat which then ended up pretty much swamped and the bloke dropping the oar over the side anyway.

Why would you spend a grand for something that is only useful for driving at full pelt across a flat calm stretch of water so that it can be launched up a very gentle slope? There's a clue in the name "assault boat". What do you intend using it for? It's so heavy as to have very little practical purpose other than what it was designed for.

"How should we launch it?"
"Well reverse the DROPS to the waters edge and unload the rack so its 45 degrees and release that last ratchet strap....but climb in with a paddle to stop it floating off into the middle of the lake"
"Good idea, shall i sit in it?"
"Well im the DROPS Op so you better had"

Well you can imagine what happened, instead of ensuring the rack touched the ground at the rear the 2 lads who i was watching from afar with a knowing smile on my face, released it whilst it was still 5ft off the ground......Thorpe Parks water flume ride had nothing on a MK5 flying off the rack into the water with a 6ft wall of water covering the entire boat which then ended up pretty much swamped and the bloke dropping the oar over the side anyway.
Just spat my tea out laughing!

Me neither! No seats when I was in them. Kneeling down was order of the day.

They're also a **** to get off the lakebed when you sink them.

I've never seen one sink, and my platoon of chunky banditos were good at breaking every fecking thing.

Even after the 'Lets tip the fecker over, swim underneath, count that every tw*t is here and then right the fecker' capsize drills, we still had what we started out with.

IIRC, they were filled with 'Kapok'? Maybe we just didn't try hard enough?

Latest Threads