Mixed Service Organization

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Mike_2817, Sep 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the Mixed Service Organization (MSP) still exsist in Germany? I know they started out as Displaced Persons, but last I heard of them they were Dog Handlers and the like, some even English!

2. Ah the MSO.
    Still remember the time one was told to paint SS for stores section on all the Rag and Shag waggons. SS!
    Yes SS.
    He did SS runes on all.
    john
    Even the Brig saw the funny side.

3. Ah the MSO.
    Still remember the time one was told to paint SS for stores section on all the Rag and Shag waggons. SS!
    Yes SS.
    He did SS runes on all.
    john
    Even the Brig saw the funny side.

4. I remember our Stores Section being told to stencil black spanners (for workshops) with small SS (you got it!) underneath. Metric or Imperial? asks our driver who was i/c that sort of task... Feck off and get on with it says both the ASM and RAOC SSM.

So the end result was sort of half a spanner and one S merging into the black & green camo of the bedford door. What the feck is that asks the ASM? You told me to paint it in BLACK ... Your orders SIR!!! Sure the black did not go that far yesterday thinks I :wink:

5. The MSO were great. They were always on hand to put a young captain or Sgt Maj in their place when they didn't address them with the required slackness they deserve.
    No-one ever, ever got as comfortable as them when they deployed in support of exercises.

6. 623 MSO RCT/RLC Bielefeld was the last MSO unit. It closed down several years ago and it´s last CO, Karlus Buss, died a few weeks back at his residence in Bielefeld.

They were mainly drivers and some Civilian watchmen/armed civilian watchmen.

Their ID cards still live on with dog handlers and acw´s (due to the fact, that they are hard wearing as opposed to the flimsy other ones...).

7. I did 4 years in Bielefeld (Ripon Bks), and knew alot of the Mojo's there well. It's a shame.