• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mitsubishi Outlander - Diagnostic Code 21022 - help required

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I own a 07 Mitsubishi Outlander. On Friday, the 'ASC off - Service required' warning appeared on my dashboard.

I took it to a friendly local garage who ran a diagnostic and came up with the fault code 21022.

Unfortunately the garage doesn't know what this means and some extensive googling has failed to find out either.

Can anyone help me - I'm loathe to take the car to my dealer who is quoting £50+VAT just to read the diagnostic code!

Cheers!

C_C

C

cloudbuster

Just checked;

"Ha-ha. A-ha-ha-ha. AHHH-HAAA-HAAAA-HAA-HA!

Should have bought a KIA Sportage"

HTH

C

cloudbuster

Certainly a rapid response but not quite what I was after...

Does the Kia Sportage take a pushchair length ways in the boot?
Sorry. No idea about the pushchair, but there was some BFG-based Doris bumping her gums about how good the Sportage is on here a few weeks back; try her.

Maybe it's just a typo, should it be P1022?
Possible causes are
1. Failed engine oil pressure switch
2. Failed engine oil control valve
3. Open or short circuit

Have you tried calling a Mitsubushi main dealer and asking to speak to a technician?
Ho ho...you mean speak to an 18 year old apprentice fitter. Main dealers don't do "mechanics" anymore.

As for the code...would agree..should have a P.

As for "Should have bought a Sportage"...nahhh..Should have bought a Subaru Outback :)

If you've already got the laptop try getting a diagnostic cable from fleabay, mine was around £15 with a disc full of diagnostic software, worked a treat on SAAB, Toyota, VW and the heap of Ford junk I have now. Unfortunately you still need to fix things, if you just clear the code it will most likely return. Fault on VW was driving me nuts,kept coming and going, turned out to be the bloody brake light switch.

Latest Threads