Mitsubishi L200 - What do you think?

Evening All.

I'm thinking about sending the old 4x4 off to the scrappies, as its fkuked basically. I have been looking at pick ups, and TBH really like the look of the L200. Any thoughts from anyone who has knowledge of this particular motor would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

DD

I was a VM for UNFCYP in 2001 when they first got issued with them. To save me droning on, what do you want to do with it?

B

Biscuits_AB

Drive like a **** in built up areas and abandoning it over three parking spaces at Tesco.

Might have a problem getting spare bits for it for a little while.

Drive like a **** and abandon it over three parking spaces at Tesco.
How the **** did you know?

Seriously though, We do a lot of camping etc, and figure it will be good for all the kit we hump around. PLUS, we are in the process of buying a run down farmhouse in La Bel France, and will use it for carrying bricks, sand etc.

I'm not a fan of the newer shape, I have myself a 04 plate warrior. A swine on the fuel obviously but a very capable vehicle and a happy workhorse. They can be modified massively for more intense offroad use but they will cost you quite a fair bit of cash to do so. From what you say you will be using it for then it will do just fine.

I also found it heavy on fuel but expected it to be.

A solid vehicle and a decent tug, does what it says on the tin really.

In theory you can improve the fuel consumption by obtaining the power upgrade for it so you can have a smoother drive at low rpm, unfortunately that goes out of the window when you realise the extra power it gives you.

A

Aleegee1698

How the **** did you know?

Seriously though, We do a lot of camping etc, and figure it will be good for all the kit we hump around. PLUS, we are in the process of buying a run down farmhouse in La Bel France, and will use it for carrying bricks, sand etc.

For your lumping around of bricks etc, how about the epitomie in British engineering, :

I can vouch for them

I saw one of these in the UK last time I was there. Kind of like a pickup, but smaller. The bed didn't look all that useful TBH, and the body was a bit quirky.

Would you be OK with a LHD import? If so, see if you can get an 09 or newer RAM1500. Now that's a pickup. With the HEMI, I get 20-22 US mpg, which is about 27 UK mpg. Not too shabby for a 390bhp 5.7 V8. The cab is enormous, and the bed holds an 8x4 sheet lying flat. They range from $18k-$35k new. People do import them from the US, check out dodgeforum.com.

PS - I know this post is going to attract naysayers, but if you're looking for a pickup truck, this is as good as it gets
Hmmm, something to think about. Thanks R280

Evening All.

I'm thinking about sending the old 4x4 off to the scrappies, as its fkuked basically. I have been looking at pick ups, and TBH really like the look of the L200. Any thoughts from anyone who has knowledge of this particular motor would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

DD
Or just wait for your mates to reply with opinions. Nice one.

Or just wait for your mates to reply with opinions. Nice one.
Lost your handbag have you?

Oh, should I be thanking each individual poster then, or should I wait for a broad base of opinions, and base a decision on that, and then perhaps throw out a big thankyou, TWAT.

FYI, you asked what I wanted it for, I replied, you didn't.

Not heard any bad press regarding reliability. The only pickup sporting problems that is widely acknowledged was a batch of Nissan Navaras. Also if you go for a model from a certain year you will be paying less tax due to being classed as a light goods vehicle. I think after 2005 you are back to normal tax rates.

I had one of the old shape L200's, the one before the Warrior. Ate fuel when puttering around town like a Hillbilly with me arm out the window, but it kicked arse when i filled the bed with aggregate, didn't even flicker when i put a half ton bucket of cement in the back either. The new sort look like a ******* tractor to be honest, could be wrong though. Whats wrong with a LWB Series 3 with a knackered old Sankey trailer bouncing around off the back, and occasionally overtaking you?

Oh and the straight bar at the back under the bumper is great for tying off to when you want to do a bit of TR+A

Lost your handbag have you?

Oh, should I be thanking each individual poster then, or should I wait for a broad base of opinions, and base a decision on that, and then perhaps throw out a big thankyou, TWAT.

FYI, you asked what I wanted it for, I replied, you didn't.

Yeah-I've re-read it and sobered up since then-sorry.Well done for for calling me a twat on the interweb btw.......you're well hard. Good luck with the L200 they're brilliant.Watch out for 2nd hand ones that have.......oh yeah thats right you called me a twat. Get fucked

I had one of the older ones... cracking bit of kit. When it was fkd, I was going to get another, but couldn't get past the incredibly gay, egg-on-a-roller-skate design. So I got a Navarra instead.