Mitsubishi L200 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Desperate Dan, Mar 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening All.

I'm thinking about sending the old 4x4 off to the scrappies, as its fkuked basically. I have been looking at pick ups, and TBH really like the look of the L200. Any thoughts from anyone who has knowledge of this particular motor would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

DD

2. I was a VM for UNFCYP in 2001 when they first got issued with them. To save me droning on, what do you want to do with it?

3. Drive like a **** in built up areas and abandoning it over three parking spaces at Tesco.

4. Might have a problem getting spare bits for it for a little while.

5. How the **** did you know?

Seriously though, We do a lot of camping etc, and figure it will be good for all the kit we hump around. PLUS, we are in the process of buying a run down farmhouse in La Bel France, and will use it for carrying bricks, sand etc.

6. I'm not a fan of the newer shape, I have myself a 04 plate warrior. A swine on the fuel obviously but a very capable vehicle and a happy workhorse. They can be modified massively for more intense offroad use but they will cost you quite a fair bit of cash to do so. From what you say you will be using it for then it will do just fine.

7. I also found it heavy on fuel but expected it to be.

A solid vehicle and a decent tug, does what it says on the tin really.

8. In theory you can improve the fuel consumption by obtaining the power upgrade for it so you can have a smoother drive at low rpm, unfortunately that goes out of the window when you realise the extra power it gives you.

9. For your lumping around of bricks etc, how about the epitomie in British engineering, :

[​IMG]

I can vouch for them

10. **** me, they don't make em like they used to...............thank ****.

11. Hmmm, something to think about. Thanks R280

12. The mitsi has had some bad press regarding its reliability, get a Toyota Hilux, double cab if necessary.

13. Or just wait for your mates to reply with opinions. Nice one.

14. Lost your handbag have you?

Oh, should I be thanking each individual poster then, or should I wait for a broad base of opinions, and base a decision on that, and then perhaps throw out a big thankyou, TWAT.

FYI, you asked what I wanted it for, I replied, you didn't.