MIST Report

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by 8877ratcl, Sep 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am a section cmdr within the TA and am looking for information on how to teach the MIST report to my guys. I am fully clued up on the 9 liner, but MIST is new to me. Can anybody help me with any lessons, handouts or tell me where I can get the information to form the structure for my lesson?

Appreciate the help.

2. If you dont know it how can you teach it? OK, someone gives you the lesson to give, but what you going to do if anyone asks a question?

3. That's a fair point. My plan is to get the required information learn it and then teach it back to my PSI first. I'm not trying to be lazy or not diligent. If I'm teaching it to my troops then I need to fully understand it first. Problem is I'm not exactly getting any support from the permanent staff at the moment, hence me asking for help elsewhere.

Can you help?

4. Basically anyone who's deployed in recent years in a medical role should be able to give you a heads up. Get them to explain what following means:
    M=MOI I=Injuries S=Vital Signs T=Treatment

A recent addition is A=Age T=Time
    So currently its ATMIST

5. I thought AT MIST stood for:

Triage Category

Mechanism of Injury

Injuries Sustained

Signs

Treatment given

6. nope its time not triage ...time of wounding that is not time of medical intervention