Missionaries.........an apology please ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Dragoon, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, now we have apologised to the Irish for the potatoes and have 'sort of' apologised to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of slaves can we now have an apology to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of all our missionaries who were eaten ?
  2. tea
    on my keyboard!!!
  3. I wanna know when York and Cant' are going to say soz for burning Catholics!

And Blair to Jack Macconnell for the beheading of Mary Queen of Scots!
  4. on behalf of the welsh and irish nations i would like to apologise to the english for giving them a good thrashing on the rugby battlefields this year.on a lighter note could we get a cut of the bounties that the black african chiefs collected for enslaving their own people and selling them to the awfull british!!!!!
  5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I have never really understood the missionary position
  6. It probably served 'em right for staying missionaries - unlike Noel Coward's "Uncle Harry". www.lyricsdownload.com/album-B00002EQ7L.html

But on second thoughts Uncle H. probably gave his grass-skirted friends the pox, so maybe he should have been eaten first.

Such an ethical dilemma . . . .

Missionary : "Your wife makes delicious soup!"
    Chief : "Yes, but I'll miss her."

7. apologise! why ??? I mean come on did we personally do it! No!! Its in the past, yes we should acknowledge that it happened, but blow me theres a limit to how far equality goes before 'we're' the ones being victimised...
    Does this make sence to anyone else or am I just being ignorant???
  8. Sorry Fruitbat, I think you've missed the point, sorry............the joke !
  9. .
    It's where those being screwed lie on their back and think of England.
  10. All of us then - Bliar and the bunch of fcukwits who run this country :twisted:
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I thought that was the taxpayer's position?
  12. While the famine was a blight, the question of missionaries could be a burning issue.
  13. And there's probably lots at stake.
  14. Sorry to p1ss on your bonfire, but it has actually been done:

The man in the picture looks like he's about to nibble the descendant's ear!

15. I suppose unlike the missionary, their hearts are in the right place.