Missionaries.........an apology please ?

#1
Ok, now we have apologised to the Irish for the potatoes and have 'sort of' apologised to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of slaves can we now have an apology to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of all our missionaries who were eaten ?
 
#4
on behalf of the welsh and irish nations i would like to apologise to the english for giving them a good thrashing on the rugby battlefields this year.on a lighter note could we get a cut of the bounties that the black african chiefs collected for enslaving their own people and selling them to the awfull british!!!!!
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#5
I have never really understood the missionary position
 
#6
The_Dragoon said:
Ok, now we have apologised to the Irish for the potatoes and have 'sort of' apologised to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of slaves can we now have an apology to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of all our missionaries who were eaten ?
It probably served 'em right for staying missionaries - unlike Noel Coward's "Uncle Harry". www.lyricsdownload.com/album-B00002EQ7L.html

But on second thoughts Uncle H. probably gave his grass-skirted friends the pox, so maybe he should have been eaten first.

Such an ethical dilemma . . . .

Missionary : "Your wife makes delicious soup!"
Chief : "Yes, but I'll miss her."

BOOM BOOM
 
#7
apologise! why ??? I mean come on did we personally do it! No!! Its in the past, yes we should acknowledge that it happened, but blow me theres a limit to how far equality goes before 'we're' the ones being victimised...
Does this make sence to anyone else or am I just being ignorant???
 
#8
fruitbat119 said:
apologise! why ??? I mean come on did we personally do it! No!! Its in the past, yes we should acknowledge that it happened, but blow me theres a limit to how far equality goes before 'we're' the ones being victimised...
Does this make sence to anyone else or am I just being ignorant???
Sorry Fruitbat, I think you've missed the point, sorry............the joke !
 
#9
chimera said:
I have never really understood the missionary position
.
It's where those being screwed lie on their back and think of England.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#11
Infury8r said:
chimera said:
I have never really understood the missionary position
.
It's where those being screwed lie on their back and think of England.
I thought that was the taxpayer's position?
 
#12
The_Dragoon said:
Ok, now we have apologised to the Irish for the potatoes and have 'sort of' apologised to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of slaves can we now have an apology to the great-great-great-great grandchildren of all our missionaries who were eaten ?
While the famine was a blight, the question of missionaries could be a burning issue.
 
#13
And there's probably lots at stake.
 
#14
Sorry to p1ss on your bonfire, but it has actually been done:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3263163.stm

The man in the picture looks like he's about to nibble the descendant's ear!

Descendants of missionary eaten by cannibals get apology

The Australian descendants of a Christian missionary, eaten by cannibals 136 years ago have arrived in Fiji. They're hoping to help lift a curse on the village where he was killed. Reverend Thomas Baker was murdered on the South Pacific island of Veety Layvu in 1867. Residents say his death has brought them bad luck ever since.
 
#15
I suppose unlike the missionary, their hearts are in the right place.
 
#16
If Captain Cook hadn't been killed and eaten in Fiji he might have been my Great Grandad. Instead I'm left with an ancestry comprising of cattle molesters and petty thieves. Thanks for that Fiji!
 
#17
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top