Missing U.S nuclear attack sub found

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Devil_Dog, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw on the tube that the US Navy put out a "Sub Sunk" notice earlier today because they lost communication with a nuclear attack sub for eight hours off the Florida coast.

Family of crew were apparently informed that their kin were missing--presumed dead -- before being told later that the sub had been found.

No link as of yet.

2. The submariners were probably just being snaggy....

3. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

The 'Skipper' of that Sub is in for a lot of questions by his CO., I'll bet! he might even lose his command over it.

4. What, again???

5. Had to scramble our Subsunk chaps this AM. Turns out the US blokes are on a longer fuse...............
    Luckily (for Telic sustainment, and the US sub) it was a false alarm.

I think I'll send them a bill.

6. Er, do you take Visa?

7. I'd have thought they'd be on radio silence anyway. I guess I'm out of my depth on this though.

8. Water under the bridge now.

9. Water over the bridge, surely?

Anyone seen my coat?

10. Makes an interesting, if not timely, statement on SLBM from last nights vote in the Commons, n'est pas?

11. No under the bridge. That's why the comms shorted out.

12. "we're sorry we just lost track of time, you know how it is when you can't see the sky for days on end".

13. Playstation 3 has a lot to answer for (or they were watching Hunt for red october and forgot to ring home...)