Missing TV Presenter Found Dead

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pvtePile, Apr 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Missing TV Presenter Found Dead
    Updated:18:41, Sunday April 13, 2008

Heart-broken TV presenter Mark Speight has been found dead six days after he went missing in London.

Mark Speight was heart-broken over lover's tragic death His body was found in a remote spot at Paddington railway station. Officers said he was not struck by a train.

The 42-year-old presenter was in a "vulnerable" state following the drug death of his fiancee, Natasha Collins, in January.

A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained.

"The body has been removed from the scene and CCTV from the station has been seized as part of the ongoing investigation."

Sky's Kitty Logan, in Paddington, said: "We don't know how long the body lay there, or who found him.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1312756,00.html

2. Poor bugger i kind of liked watching him with the kids as he wasn't that bad an artist..

3. all in all a sad story

4. RIP Max headroom

5. Poor lad RIP

6. poor lad, what a shame this cocaine taking, vodka drinking, mentaly unstable person can't entertian and influence the kids anymore!

7. Just a question.. do you think the police should have released him..if they new of his fragile state? jusr a thought..

8. This is so tragic my heart goes out to Natasha Collins and Mark Speight familys at this sad time

9. My heart goes out to his dealer, who will be forced to sell his cocaine elsewhere.

Man Feeds coke to his Girlfriend who Promptly broils herself to death.

He ( a fellow coke fiend) feels guilty and kills himself.

At which point is my sympathy gland supposed to twitch? Darwinism in action IMHO.

10. Rightly or wrongly, there's not alot we can do on the Mental Health front. If we detain someone because their Mental Health is in doubt, the are seen by the Psychiatric Evaluation Team; if that Team's opinion is that the individual is fit to be released, then they have to be.

We cannot keep someone in custody because we think they may be mad, however obvious it may be. We have to yield to the CPNs.

11. Well said that man! - Darwinism in action !!

12. [​IMG]

13. And it's often not all that obvious that someone's feeling suicidal. Although we're (CPN's) trained to spot suicidal thought patterns what we aren't able to do is read minds. Sadly it's not uncommon for us to get flat denials of suicidal ideation or even gut feelings about it.

Whilst many people will discuss feelings of suicide some people who are going to complete won't tell you anything about it as they are aware that as a Psych Nurse I'm in a position to remove their liberty from them under some circumstances, as are psychiatrists (in more).

Most people who commit suicide aren't known to mental health teams and of those that are 80% are classed as 'low risk' of self harm on risk assessment forms. That's not because staff and risk assessments are rubbish (though occasionally they are) it's just that many people don't tell you by word or action what they are going to do.

14. Mrs HLM says that this is really sad! I, on the other hand, tend to believe that had he not had a cocaine session with his girlfriend none of this would have happened; so it's his own fault!

15. If you know the risks and you still do it, wether its drugs, ciggies or booze, and its goes t1ts up, you only have yourself to blame really.

No one forced him or his bird to do it, they took a chance and it all went west !