Missing tracked parcel

CC_TA

LE
Greetings one and all, after some advice please.
Had a tracked parcel that hasn't arrived - local delivery office have said it's been picked up by the unit but there is no record of it in the unit post room.
I've asked and checked with both units that share collected mail, spoke with all company clerks and all admin staff - still nothing.
Who do I report this to? How do I claim for the cost?
Cheers in advance.

Had a tracked parcel that hasn't arrived - local delivery office have said it's been picked up by the unit but there is no record of it in the unit post room.
I've asked and checked with both units that share collected mail, spoke with all company clerks and all admin staff - still nothing.
Cheers in advance.
Compensation for Lost Deliveries

Your contract is with the supplier, not the delivery company. The supplier has a contract to deliver with the delivery company.

Contact the supplier, it is their problem entirely.

Last edited:
I'm a fat bastard in my late middle age so I find it convenient to use Jacamo which is an internet based business for some of my clothing needs. I brought a shirt off them recently and it wasn't delivered.

I got onto them and they sorted it out fairly quickly.

Based on that experience, you should get onto the people you brought your goods from. They may send them again.

They may also send a form out to you to verify the goods didn't arrive at your address which they will present to the carrier to say it wasn't delivered.

Make sure you fill it in and return it to them otherwise they may bill you for the goods a second time.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
I'm a fat bastard in my late middle age so I find it convenient to use Jacamo which is an internet based business for some of my clothing needs. I brought a shirt off them recently and it wasn't delivered.

I got onto them and they sorted it out fairly quickly.

Based on that experience, you should get onto the people you brought your goods from. They may send them again.

They may also send a form out to you to verify the goods didn't arrive at your address which they will present to the carrier to say it wasn't delivered.

Make sure you fill it in and return it to them otherwise they may bill you for the goods a second time.
Bought not Brought.

How many times?

Cheers in advance.
Check the tracking information on the carriers website to see if you can get the Proof of delivery POD signature
Even if the tracking is signed for you may not be able to get the information and the sender may have to get it

(It may be signed for by Mr M Mouse, or may have the real name of a Pte Bloggs who has put a parcel on someone's desk where it's going to sit until someone notices, or until you claim it)

If you're given good proof of delivery you can either hunt it and find the person who had it, or at least it's proven you didn't get it

The onus is on the sender to sort out making sure it gets to you, and they can be compensated by the carrier if necessary
If they haven't sent it with any compensation then it's their problem - unless you explicitly downgraded the postage against their advice

Some carriers tracking isn't worth the paper it's not written on, I had a parcel that took 3 months to arrive, I assumed the seller was lieing about things being sent in the U.K.and that it was somewhere between Hong Kong and here. When i chased them I was told it had been delivered, when pressed the courier came up with detailed tracking back and forth between 'delivered' and 'at depot'. We assume the delivery guy was an idiot, and that it went between van and back to their office
One day it may have turned up, but the sender instructed the original courier to hand it to another courier and under 24 hours later I received it

Eldest had a package of some value go missing. Yodel said it had been delivered etc not our problem -yadda yadda. In the end she informed them that she considered the package stolen and was informing the police accordingly - Yodel miraculously found the package. It wasn't an idle threat, these fukkas left me a 'you were out' note when I was in the house and the supplier hadn't even dispatched the item. Cnuts the lot of them.

Blogg

LE
Charge it back via your credit card company: they are jointly liable with the vendor for the supply.

Didn't pay by credit card? Mistake....

CC_TA

LE
Your contract is with the supplier, not the delivery company. The supplier has a contract to deliver with the delivery company.

Contact the supplier, it is their entirely problem.
The item has been tracked to the delivery office and the mail has been collected by duty clerk and duty driver. But the parcel hasn't arrived or been entered into the recorded mail folder.
Will have another check tomorrow and then start hunting people down.
It's a parcel force tracked item.

Charge it back via your credit card company: they are jointly liable with the vendor for the supply.

Didn't pay by credit card? Mistake....
Purchases have to be over £100.

I reckon if you had to send a fiver to charity every time I spotted it, you would soon learn.

Or soon be skint. What do you reckon?
Provided the charity is the Red Lion at Hillingdon, I wouldn't mind initially but at their prices, Richard Branson would wince after a few days.

So I would learn pretty quickly!

Also available with paypal I believe
It's a seperate subject, but that's the protection you are buying with the PayPal fee

As standard the seller receives a percentage knocked off the amount the buy paid (approx 4%)
With some private sales it's become common for sellers to say pay £x as 'money owed' or 'you pay the fees'

Don't do it - only use 'payment owed' or 'friends and family' if they are true and you want to have zero comeback

Pay it as a standard PayPal payment, and if necessary use a fees calculator to work out how much to pay to ensure the seller receives the agreed amount

If it's PayPal through a retail website, then just pay as normal

Once it's gone through as a normal transaction, if there's a problem then put the correspondence through the PayPal process and the default outcome when things go wrong is that PayPal refunds the buyer

CC_TA

LE
If its been tracked to the "delivery office" maybe that mean the Parcel Forces delivery office.
They are saying it's been signed for by my unit postie/clerk/duty driver.
...there is however no tracking number for me listed in the registered mail book.

They are saying it's been signed for by my unit postie/clerk/duty driver.
...there is however no tracking number for me listed in the registered mail book.
Are you on a multi unit camp? I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, stated it'd been delivered and my unit didn't have it.

Call the central mail point, after a period of looking they'd mis-filed it and were preparing to send it to a totally different unit as they couldn't see a name (it was on there). Get someone who is unlikely to chin you off and ask all postal points to have a dig out. It'll probably turn up there.

Latest Threads