Missing thread.

Erm... what happened to the thread about the chap suggesting he'd rather hire paedophiles than ex-squaddies?

There was nothing defamatory in the thread. He admitted everything. There was nothing abusive in the thread, it was positively civilised in NAAFI terms. There was nothing that breached any of the Rules and Regs.

Has the aforementioned chappie managed to get at someone who buckled without actually reading the thread?

craign said:
Erm... what happened to the thread about the chap suggesting he'd rather hire paedophiles than ex-squaddies?

There was nothing defamatory in the thread. He admitted everything. There was nothing abusive in the thread, it was positively civilised in NAAFI terms. There was nothing that breached any of the Rules and Regs.

Has the aforementioned chappie managed to get at someone who buckled without actually reading the thread?
You mean someone with the power to pull threads doesn't want this discussed:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...inn-Id-rather-employ-a-paedo-than-a-hero.html

Can the previous poster of his e-mail address on the original thread repost it here please?

More likely its been pulled while they check if there are any legal implications for ARRSE, if not it will be back. Patience Padwan ;)

Kirkz said:
The emails I sent have all been returned :? but....
Linky thingy

And you don't want to click on the press release button either. :evil:

Why ring the phone and hang up? Its a pointless exercise and amounts to harassment. It is probably also illegal under some act or other to do with the use of telephones. If you disagree with his statement about kiddy fiddlers vs army there is nothing to prevent you from calling him as often as you like to discuss the matter, provided you are not abusive. To have a lot of people calling and emailing him is far better than the odd person continualy making anonymous calls and putting the phone down.

E-Layer said:
Kirkz said:
The emails I sent have all been returned :? but....
Linky thingy
I got a reply :D (mind you, I did send and awful lot, and to all 3 email addresses listed on the site).

It reads:

Karl Winn said:
Dear E-Layer, many thanks for your email. Sadly the Sun didn’t give the actual facts of the story. So please feel free to read what they are below before you make up your mind. Please email me at any stage even if it is to disagree with my stance, and I'll do my best to respond.

Regards

Karl

-------------------------------
Extract from a Press Statement issued by Relatives for Justice on 13th March 2010

"'Webeurope .. have heard at first hand the true extent of the role of the British army, the trauma, hurt and anguish caused - importantly they have acted to heal, support and address in their own way the awful legacy left behind as a direct consequence of British state violence in our country.

'For that we are greatly indebted to them and in particular Karl Winn whose commitment to non-violence means, human rights, social justice, compassion and humanity are an example to us all.'

--------------------

Background

Karl Winn, Webeurope's founder and principle owner, has for many years supported numerous charitable organisations (NGO's), such organisations include: -

● The International Human Rights Network - Supporting others in applying Human Rights Based Approaches to UN Agencies, countries, and organisations.

………..etc etc etc
Isn't paintballing wannabe violence and doesn't his company do websites for 2 paintball firms?

Who gives a f*ck? Big deal, he doesn't want to employ ex-squaddies (or whatever it is). His pissy little company can do whatever it likes, there's plenty who have a more positive opinion on what we do and help us all they can. He can shrivel up and blow away, no skin off my nose.

This is just another excuse to rev up the outrage bus and unsuprisingly it's been run in The Sun, we all know they love us....................well, unless they can shift a few papers gobbing off how sh*t we are. It'll be old news by tomorrow.

K

Kirkz

eodmatt said:
Why ring the phone and hang up? Its a pointless exercise and amounts to harassment. It is probably also illegal under some act or other to do with the use of telephones. If you disagree with his statement about kiddy fiddlers vs army there is nothing to prevent you from calling him as often as you like to discuss the matter, provided you are not abusive. To have a lot of people calling and emailing him is far better than the odd person continualy making anonymous calls and putting the phone down.
Good point well presented eodmatt :)
I'll just keep on ringing him and asking for his opinion on all things military :soldier:

Kirkz said:
eodmatt said:
I'll just keep on ringing him and asking for his opinion on all things military :soldier:
Good man! 8)

I'd do it from here but the phone costs are astronomical.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
The question surely is how many ex-squaddies and how many convicted paedos have IT skills? Perhaps he's just suggesting he's more likely to find the skills he needs from crims?

Ord_Sgt said:
More likely its been pulled while they check if there are any legal implications for ARRSE, if not it will be back. Patience Padwan ;)
Fair enough, it'd be nice if they stuck a "pending review" notice up though!

K

Kirkz

eodmatt said:
Kirkz said:
eodmatt said:
Good man! 8)

I'd do it from here but the phone costs are astronomical.
Allow me to do it for you eodmatt :D I have a contract with hunreds of cross network minutes that I never seem to use up. This seems like the time to use them :twisted:

Bouillabaisse said:
The question surely is how many ex-squaddies and how many convicted paedos have IT skills? Perhaps he's just suggesting he's more likely to find the skills he needs from crims?
Convicted Paedos IT skills cant be that good, otherwise they wouldn't have been caught in the first place. Fcuking Amateurs :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
seaweed ARRSE: Site Issues 10
Queensman Gunners 0
alfred_the_great ARRSE: Site Issues 12