Missing thread in Health and Fitness

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by alfred_the_great, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. COs - any idea why? There's a google cache of it, and unless someone got really angry about 5/3/1 we weren't remotely being contentious.....

Not a problem if it's a ghost in the machine, we'll just start a new thread about baby oil, budgie-smugglers and improbable tan.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Title of the thread please and roughly when it was? Worrying to know that google is caching pages and something I will check.
  3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Actually, easiest if you can post a link to the cached page.
  4. I'm not sure if it's cached, but if you do a google search on a specific string (I used site:ARRSE - The Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) 5/3/1) it returns the requested thread 2nd link down. Click on it but it takes you to here and says the thread cannot be found.

Who knows, but it really doesn't matter.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Removed by forastero - perhaps it was spammed and he did thread instead of post mistake. Suggest a PM
  6. not a problem, we've restarted it!
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Sounds about right - apols. I keep forgetting post vs thread removal!
  8. Burn him!!!
  9. A similar thing appears to have happened RE: Bomber Boys thread (The recent Ewan & Colin McGregor programme).

As I had recorded the show, I decided not to read the thread until after I had watched the programme so as not to spoil my enjoyment, however when I went to read the thread, there was no sign of it.
    When I googled it, a link appeared that refers to the "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" message.

Any ideas?
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Burn this!
  11. Bump...
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Also a slip of spam delete post / delete thread. We think the problem might be related to our automated spam system which makes it a bit too easy to get rid of things. I apologise and will look into it.
  13. Thanks, I appreciate it.

(I had begun to assume that someone had started to crayon 'Guy Gibsons Labrador' all over the thread...)