Missing Royal Navy Seaman in Dubai

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blade-Runner, Jun 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - British sailor Timothy MacColl missing in Dubai

Mmmmm after reading the article, I am feeling a bit worried for this poor fellow as he did get into a taxi on his own in Dubai. Being where Dubai is, I'd never get into a taxi any on my own there or any middle eastern/north african country. Just too much of a risk these days and I dont fancy being paraded in an orange jump suit on Al-Jazeera.

I hope for his sake he is safe, but who is to say 'Al-Queda' have a cell there and had been watching the RN ship and taking note of faces coming and going. Or could it be a chance abduction if he has been taking?

I know troops can get a bit shit faced and may end up missing for 24 hours, but the ship has left Dubai, so clearly something must have happened to him.

Edit: Thread title should be Royal Navy Seaman missing in Dubai! ...... its Friday!
  2. He's gonna miss the Jubilee long weekend!
  3. Whatever happens, the vast majority of Matelots will make the ship before it sails. On the odd occasion I've known one miss the ship they usually end up meeting the local LO or British Embassy official on the quayside whose been briefed to watch out for him when they eventually role up. This guys a Leading Hand, 2 kids with another on the way? Does not fit the profile of someone whose decided to go AWOL.
  4. Let's hope he gets found soon, safe and well.