Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Pension Payment

Good For you, I support the ASPCA and the local Humane Society. You know another thing I have experienced with Wells Fargo is that every so often you have to verify your account is actually you and up to date, although not having a payment arrive doesn't exactly fit that scenario.
You know thanks Givingwas November 26th, followed by Black Friday and Cyber Monday plus Banks don't work on a weekend, so you lost 5 days on that. And although it's doubtful, Friday and Monday could have caused a few delays because of a multitude of transactions which slows down the system.
Hope it works out ok.

The US banks were open for business on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Had there been no screw up the money would have arrived at my bank by Thursday of that week at the latest.

Like I said it above, usually takes around two to three days to get here.

Aye I know how it works mate. however there have been no bank holidays either side of the pond and it should have gone into the bank last week.

Mine goes to HSBC in the UK, at the moment we dole it out to the sprog who is at uni there. When she finishes in the summer we will just do the inter-account transfer from out UK HSBC account to our US HSBC account. Takes a few clicks of the mouse and it moves from there to here.

Bleeding hearts of the world unite...

Not at all kid! It's just that I find animals more deserving. This place I donate to doesn't just do cats and dogs, they are also a wildlife rehabilitation shelter as well.

It's a man and wife setup and they are both Veterinarians, they left the mainstream profession after ten years to do this, they just wanted to get the money together first.

They've both been doing this for a long time and I've never met two people more passionate about the health and welfare of animals. They even have an old wolf that was hit by a car and now only has three legs. Because of that she is a life long resident and has spent most of her life there to the point she's become 80% domesticate but you look into her eyes directly and the true killer look comes to the fore.

Mine goes to HSBC in the UK, at the moment we dole it out to the sprog who is at uni there. When she finishes in the summer we will just do the inter-account transfer from out UK HSBC account to our US HSBC account. Takes a few clicks of the mouse and it moves from there to here.

Herself asked me earlier this evening if it had been sorted, I told her I had to call back on Monday and the rest of the stuff to which she replied that it should happen quite quickly then.

I gently explained to her that this is the Pay Office we're dealing with, nothing happens quickly, even with computers. Ironically it's only my second payment, I only recently found out I was entitled to a pension so I had the paperwork sent over, filled it in and sent it back. First payment went into the bank in November.

Not at all kid! It's just that I find animals more deserving. This place I donate to doesn't just do cats and dogs, they are also a wildlife rehabilitation shelter as well.

It's a man and wife setup and they are both Veterinarians, they left the mainstream profession after ten years to do this, they just wanted to get the money together first.

They've both been doing this for a long time and I've never met two people more passionate about the health and welfare of animals. They even have an old wolf that was hit by a car and now only has three legs. Because of that she is a life long resident and has spent most of her life there to the point she's become 80% domesticate but you look into her eyes directly and the true killer look comes to the fore.
I am just giving you grief.

It's now been two months since Equiniti reckon they sent out my pension and I am no closer to finding out what the heck is going on. Every time I call them I get the runaround and the same old replies. Got told two weeks ago that the case would be escalated (again) to some team and they would call me back within 5 business days, that never happened.

Payment went in fine in January, just don't what the heck happened to Decembers. Using the info they have, my bank ran it's own trace and they reckon it never made it to Citi Bank over here, they act as the clearing house or whatever for payments of this type among others I'm sure.

It's now been two months since Equiniti reckon they sent out my pension and I am no closer to finding out what the heck is going on. Every time I call them I get the runaround and the same old replies. Got told two weeks ago that the case would be escalated (again) to some team and they would call me back within 5 business days, that never happened.

Payment went in fine in January, just don't what the heck happened to Decembers. Using the info they have, my bank ran it's own trace and they reckon it never made it to Citi Bank over here, they act as the clearing house or whatever for payments of this type among others I'm sure.
Give them a date for it to be resolved by and inform them if it is not you will involve a solicitor and report the matter to the MoD as potential fraud/theft.

Go nuclear on their arrses!

Give them a date for it to be resolved by and inform them if it is not you will involve a solicitor and report the matter to the MoD as potential fraud/theft.

Go nuclear on their arrses!

I've been looking to see it there was a complaints procedure in place but as such I can't find anything apart from the Equiniti procedure and I really don't trust any company to investigate itself.

I've been looking to see it there was a complaints procedure in place but as such I can't find anything apart from the Equiniti procedure and I really don't trust any company to investigate itself.
Would the Pensions Ombudsman be able to help?

The problems of having the lowest bidder maintaining anything.

@Sam The Bam just to give you some more potential good news for the future, if you don't already know. You know that you can claim your UK state pension also do you not?

All the years you paid in give you a pro-rated balance amount for a state pension. So you are entitled to claim that.

I was paid up before we moved here with 30 years of contributions. Then the buggers upped it to 35 years so I have paid the top up over the last few years.

If you go to the website: Browse: State Pension - GOV.UK

Go to the pension forecast fill in the relevant info and you get a forecast of the amount you will receive.

This applies to all the other expats too: @TXSapper @Accidental_discharge and all the others who were thrown out of the UK went on walkabout.

Would the Pensions Ombudsman be able to help?

Thanks for that Tappet, some useful information there which I will use. I've been very nice and patient with the folks at Equiniti however my patience is not infinate.

The problems of having the lowest bidder maintaining anything.

@Sam The Bam just to give you some more potential good news for the future, if you don't already know. You know that you can claim your UK state pension also do you not?

All the years you paid in give you a pro-rated balance amount for a state pension. So you are entitled to claim that.

I was paid up before we moved here with 30 years of contributions. Then the buggers upped it to 35 years so I have paid the top up over the last few years.

If you go to the website: Browse: State Pension - GOV.UK

Go to the pension forecast fill in the relevant info and you get a forecast of the amount you will receive.

This applies to all the other expats too: @TXSapper @Accidental_discharge and all the others who were thrown out of the UK went on walkabout.

Cheers mate, still a wee bit too young to claim but yeah I already know about it.

Cheers mate, still a wee bit too young to claim but yeah I already know about it.

You'd be surprised how many don't, even after working and paying for 20 + years. They move away and forget all about it.

You'd be surprised how many don't, even after working and paying for 20 + years. They move away and forget all about it.

When it comes to money I never forget who owes me what. I see the retirement age is now 68 and it's under review to pushing the age back again. I'm thinking they really don't want to pay out OAP's so keep pushing the retirement age back and using the excuse people are living longer.

Well what if people are living longer, they paid in so fecking well pay up.

Last edited:
When it comes to money I never forget who owes me what. I see the retirement age is now 68 and it's under review to pushing the age back again. I'm thinking they really don't want to pay out OAP's so keep pushing the retirement age back and using the excuse people are living longer.

Couldn't agree more. Though for 10 years here (to date) I will have as much pension coming in a few years as for 35 years in the UK, and the Mrs will have double the amount with her contributions here. Makes you wonder how the Govt. manage to piss it away in the UK.

Couldn't agree more. Though for 10 years here (to date) I will have as much pension coming in a few years as for 35 years in the UK, and the Mrs will have double the amount with her contributions here. Makes you wonder how the Govt. manage to piss it away in the UK.

I already have a few pensions coming in from the UK, something I wisely took out as a young 18 year old. Fecking Inland Revenue and Uncle Sam takes a nice chunk of it as well though.

No it doesn't

It's not going up to 67 until 2028 and 68 in 2038 so you'll need to have been born in 1970 to wait that long.
Still, at least it'll be at the £175 a week. Me being a bit older only gets £148 a week.

It's not going up to 67 until 2028 and 68 in 2038 so you'll need to have been born in 1970 to wait that long.
Still, at least it'll be at the £175 a week. Me being a bit older only gets £148 a week.

So it's still at 65 then? TBH I don't think I paid in enough to get a pension as I've been here for over three decades.