Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Pension Payment

My pension when it is sent out by Equiniti usually arrives at the bank here in the US in two to three days after being issued. This month however no money has arrived at the bank to date.

I phoned Equiniti yesterday to enquire what the problem might be only to be told to phone my bank first and see what the say. I spoke to the accounting department at the bank who did a trace which took about 10 minutes and they came back and told me that no money was on it's way to my account.

Phoned Equiniti back and told them what the bank told me and was then told by Equiniti that it was sent out but as it never arrived I have to wait 10 business days and phone them back before they will run a trace on it though I can't see why given the time frame it usually takes to get here but hey ho whatever.

Anyone else had their pension go missing now or in the past and if so what was the outcome? How long did it take to get sorted if it happened to you? I can't help wondering as well if it's going to be more of the same next month and having to spend a lot of time messing around getting this sorted.

The only time mine is delayed is if it's a bank holiday in the States. Can be up to 5 or 6 days delay depending on it being a weekend or not. For example, due on a Thursday, takes two days to clear into my account but, with the weekend, would normally be Monday but if a bank holiday in the States then won't hit my bank in Spain until Tuesday or even the Wednesday following.

Once it was due on a Friday, nothing over the weekend, Bank holiday States on Monday so the two days was Tues and Wed and got to my Spanish bank on Thursday.

Only with Equiniti, though. I know people who have their state pension paid over here and it gets to their account the exact day it is due or the Friday if it's due at a weekend.

964ST

War Hero
@Sam The Bam could you possibly let me know the Overseas telephone contact for Equinity? Have E-mailed them twice from two separate E-mail accounts but have not had a reply :(.

The only time mine is delayed is if it's a bank holiday in the States. Can be up to 5 or 6 days delay depending on it being a weekend or not. For example, due on a Thursday, takes two days to clear into my account but, with the weekend, would normally be Monday but if a bank holiday in the States then won't hit my bank in Spain until Tuesday or even the Wednesday following.

Once it was due on a Friday, nothing over the weekend, Bank holiday States on Monday so the two days was Tues and Wed and got to my Spanish bank on Thursday.

Only with Equiniti, though. I know people who have their state pension paid over here and it gets to their account the exact day it is due or the Friday if it's due at a weekend.

Ta for the reply mate. This time around the payment by Equiniti was made on the Monday 30th November, that being the case it's usually here two or three days later. Just checked and there are no bank holidays before or after payment was sent out.

@Sam The Bam could you possibly let me know the Overseas telephone contact for Equinity? Have E-mailed them twice from two separate E-mail accounts but have not had a reply :(.

Sure, the number you need is 44 1903 768625

My pension when it is sent out by Equiniti usually arrives at the bank here in the US in two to three days after being issued. This month however no money has arrived at the bank to date.

I phoned Equiniti yesterday to enquire what the problem might be only to be told to phone my bank first and see what the say. I spoke to the accounting department at the bank who did a trace which took about 10 minutes and they came back and told me that no money was on it's way to my account.

Phoned Equiniti back and told them what the bank told me and was then told by Equiniti that it was sent out but as it never arrived I have to wait 10 business days and phone them back before they will run a trace on it though I can't see why given the time frame it usually takes to get here but hey ho whatever.

Anyone else had their pension go missing now or in the past and if so what was the outcome? How long did it take to get sorted if it happened to you? I can't help wondering as well if it's going to be more of the same next month and having to spend a lot of time messing around getting this sorted.
Sorry mate as the UK is skint, anyone not entitled to vote has lost everything
Chin up though your have a new President, for how long is any ones guess

Sabretooth

War Hero

As stated, by others depending on holidays it arrives as scheduled, Military pensions arrive at my Bank of America account every four weeks.

As stated, by others depending on holidays it arrives as scheduled, Military pensions arrive at my Bank of America account every four weeks.
stop with the negatives you Anti-Semitic c==t
If fact do one

If you had a UK pension you would realise it is every month, not four weeks. FAKE
I await your dislike, chod
On to ignore for you

Sabretooth

War Hero
If you had a UK pension you would realise it is every month, not four weeks. FAKE
I await your dislike, chod
On to ignore for you
Sorry I made a mistake, I get my UK retirement pension every 4 weeks my military pension is every month.
My US Social Security is every month as is my other Pension..
Geez, so many pensions and rolling in Dollars.

I notice you have now resorted to insulting and foul mouthing in Hindi!
Your five-fingered widow habit will remain secret with me, but I'm sure many others know of your 24/7 hobby. But Please ignore me it will most likely be the only satisfaction you have given anyone.

Last edited:

Aye I know how it works mate. however there have been no bank holidays either side of the pond and it should have gone into the bank last week.

The thing is my military pension isn't that much but I decided to donate it to the local no kill animal rescue shelter. It comes to my bank and my bank pays it to the shelter.

Do you have to send a notarized form saying you're still breathing, I get one about every three years.

Up until now there have been no problems and the person I spoke to at Equiniti confirmed it had been sent out on the last day of November, it just never arrived at my bank.

Sabretooth

War Hero
The thing is my military pension isn't that much but I decided to donate it to the local no kill animal rescue shelter. It comes to my bank and my bank pays it to the shelter.
Good For you, I support the ASPCA and the local Humane Society. You know another thing I have experienced with Wells Fargo is that every so often you have to verify your account is actually you and up to date, although not having a payment arrive doesn't exactly fit that scenario.
You know thanks Givingwas November 26th, followed by Black Friday and Cyber Monday plus Banks don't work on a weekend, so you lost 5 days on that. And although it's doubtful, Friday and Monday could have caused a few delays because of a multitude of transactions which slows down the system.
Hope it works out ok.

Latest Threads