Missing out on LSGC due to redundancy

Discussion in 'Medals' started by Old Bastard, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due to miss out on the Long Service and Good Conduct Medal by a few weeks if I'm selected for redundancy. In cases like this, surely LSGC medals should be awarded to those close to 15 years who would otherwise be eligible. Thoughts.

2. The way the medal office will see it is you either qualify or you don't. No grey areas.

3. X59

X59 LE

My thoughts are that you're life won't be worth living without that medal.

You're a disgrace and a social pariah.

End it all now with the mess Webley.

Or get used to the reality that no one in civvy street gives a toss.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unlucky mate.

PM me your address and I'll post you a photo copy of my own LS&GC.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Honesty is the best policy, if you are a trade/rank about to be reduced in numbers, and you want to leave anyway, tell the powers that be, I will volunteer, but may I stay on 10 days to gain my LSGC? etc etc etc

Failing that, go on leave during your end time, if you are out of leave, go sick, bad back, whatever, wring it out until you have your 15 years. Going AWOL is probably not advisable to gaining LSGC

6. Unlucky mate, I've just got another clasp for mine.

An older bastard.

7. Great idea...bad back on your med docs will go down a treat with any prospective employer!! Especially if it suddenly miraculously improves!
    Like your sentiment though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you want one that badly, buy one. Honestly, who's really going to give a shit in the real World?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Except the ***** who turn up on Remembrance Sunday with 10 medals of pure shite bling.

10. If it really means that much to you either Join the TA for a couple of weeks when you get out or get put in nick for a couple of weeks to extend your service.

11. X59

X59 LE

We all know those losers are not worth a cup of cold piss.

12. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

And how is getting put in the nick for a few weeks going to square with long service and GOOD CONDUCT. Shooting ones self in the foot innit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I thought about that but doesn't service in the TA go towards the VRSM or whatever it's called? Also time in military nick doesn't count towards service.

14. I prefer to smile inwardly at them on that particular day, it adds colour to a sombre occasion. My old Arnhem vet mate reckons they're hilarious!

15. unlucky, anyway i would not exchange my 14 days in nick, and 14 days of ROPS in Duisburg for any shitty medal. Ide sacrifice that medal for the good times i had as a s young driver in Germany.