Missing girl, Met officer arrested

I think back how things have changed. As a kid I had bike lights powered by D cells or the large 4.5 volts batts. Even upgrading them to Krypton bulbs they only put out around 40 lumens. the bike lights I have now are nothing special, but the front light is 2000 lumens and has a lovely white output.

I rather think that the lights on pushbikes are there so you can be seen rather than to light up the entire countryside. It strikes me that something that pushes out an intense searchlight beam would be a serious hazard to other road users. Especially as there is no facility to dip the beam etc.

I rather think that the lights on pushbikes are there so you can be seen rather than to light up the entire countryside. It strikes me that something that pushes out an intense searchlight beam would be a serious hazard to other road users. Especially as there is no facility to dip the beam etc.

I get that on the motorbike. It really grips my sh*t when some **** in a BMW or a Chelsea Tw*t Tractor comes up in the oncoming traffic with HID headlights blazing out like the f*cking sun and blinds me for good couple of minutes. It's got that bad now with every f*cker and his dog jumping on the HID bandwagon and using badly fitted aftermarket HID lamps that I've stopped riding late at night if I can help it and God help you if it's dark and raining too.

Slime

LE

Bearing in mind the lumen output I mentioned, I bet you hate the ‘new fangled idea’ that cars have headlights!!

Car dipped headlights are way brighter………as are daytime running lights.

Bearing in mind the lumen output I mentioned, I bet you hate the ‘new fangled idea’ that cars have headlights!!

Car dipped headlights are way brighter………as are daytime running lights.
Provost is a stern believer in the wisdom of a vehicle being blacked out and preceded by a guy swinging a lantern.

Just in case "wah sheild up"

Gouty..."seek and search" one in the area car between the front seats and one in the van behind the driver on the wooden partition, magnetic base so it could go on the roof of the vehicle to do the door number search before the funky light bar came in.

Move the light on the handlebar down?

This is what our dog and traffic folk have - well good bits of kit

My vest torch

My bag torch

Slime

LE

My vest torch

My bag torch

For a general purpose torch running on AAA batts that one you use as a vest torch are a basic but good torch.
They are a good example of how things have moved on with batteries, with a similar sized torch running one 18650 battery being perhaps three times brighter.

Obviously using AAA or AA batts in a torch can make supplying or buying batteries much easier.

For a general purpose torch running on AAA batts that one you use as a vest torch are a basic but good torch.
They are a good example of how things have moved on with batteries, with a similar sized torch running one 18650 battery being perhaps three times brighter.

Obviously using AAA or AA batts in a torch can make supplying or buying batteries much easier.
And it was free

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just in case "wah sheild up"

Gouty..."seek and search" one in the area car between the front seats and one in the van behind the driver on the wooden partition, magnetic base so it could go on the roof of the vehicle to do the door number search before the funky light bar came in.
AND THE WINNER IS:number1::number1::party::party::party::slow:

Slime

LE
AND THE WINNER IS:number1::number1::party::party::party::slow:
Thank goodness. I have been trying to think of the name all weekend without success. The power of Arrse. I can't remember seeing them after the nineties. That could be because I left Hillingdon in 1999 which being an outer borough had a number of rural areas where it was always handy on nights. After I went to Chelsea and then Kilburn, both inner London there was rarely any need to use one. I can't remember there being one in the van though.

Thank goodness. I have been trying to think of the name all weekend without success. The power of Arrse. I can't remember seeing them after the nineties. That could be because I left Hillingdon in 1999 which being an outer borough had a number of rural areas where it was always handy on nights. After I went to Chelsea and then Kilburn, both inner London there was rarely any need to use one. I can't remember there being one in the van though.
Deffo in the van on central districts, mate of mine drove over it when I was on C, couldn't even pinch one from the monument minders at cannon row as there was a little plate on them with the vehicle call sign

Last edited:
Me and my girlfriend stumbled upon the poor womans grave tonight while walking the dog, (it's right next to a park in a quiet corner of York) very sobering and a strange feeling seeing it after all the media coverage around her disappearance and knowing she's under that freshly turfed little mound. I have seen an older woman sobbing her eyes out in that corner a couple of times recently without realising so I guess it's her mother. What a terrible thing for her family to be going through.

My vest torch

My bag torch

I know it's not the done thing to quote oneself BUT I got back into work today to discover we now have 4x X21R available for response crews. They are awesome - you could illuminate hostile Zeppelins and low-flying dragons (it is Wales after all) with the beam. There is a strobe setting for disco dancing on dull night shifts - these fukkers have got 7 huge LEDs and are £300 a pop - though I'm sure the Job got corporate rates and claimed back the VAT. Even so, for once we have got 'a good bit of kit'!

Latest Threads