Missing Favicon

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Troy, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I haven't done a search for this topic as with my very slow internet connection and slow computer it would take so long as to become tedious. What with all the waiting I have to do while each page loads extra clutter such as widgets from twitter so you can "follow them" on twitter, like a Twit. Or the facebook buttons, or the google double click gremlins and the other clutter that slows up page loading.

Getting to the point, how come ARRSE doesn't have a favicon like "a proper site does?" *snigger*

If it's because it would create more clutter, then could you swap all the Social Media links for a favicon please. It's just that when I look at the neat list of bookmarks in my favourites pannel. ARRSE is the only one that's diffy a favicon, and this makes it stand out from the others. Perhaps Sgt Spud would make a good favicon?
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

working fine for me. which browser are you using?
  3. HHH

HHH LE

If you use IE 9 it doesn't show, any other that I've used it shows OK.

PS If I remember right it didn't show with the earlier version of IE.
  4. Err, it's IE7 which surprises me as I thought I'd done the updates. But on my laptop using IE8 (I think) it doesn't show either.

I've taken a peek and can see the "link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/misc/favicon_arrse.ico" type="image/x-icon" " gubbins, so I know you've tried. I just wondered if someone had dropped a clanger somewhere. Still, I shan't grumble as this forum does provide me with ready entertainment, wit and banter...
  5. What the **** is a favicon?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ancient Roman contraceptive.