Missing ex pwrr cpl ( the Tiger's)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Weren't The Queens Regt known as the tigers. Presumably, that's now passed to PWRR? So, is/was the missing soldier 'a tiger'?
An Angle Irons battalion, from the Leicesters?

Dunno about Tigers in the woods, we stabs were always told to be Lerts. I don't even know what a Lert looks like.
Dunno about Lerts, plural, but I can certainly recall being told to be a lert...

Weren't The Queens Regt known as the tigers. Presumably, that's now passed to PWRR? So, is/was the missing soldier 'a tiger'?
PWRR refer to themselves as Tigers, others refer to them as Squidgies ( a la Diana.)

Dunno about Lerts, plural, but I can certainly recall being told to be a lert...

I distinctly remember Staff P saying "You cuñts be a Lert" to the whole troop as we got out the Beddycopter.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yes. Item also featured on local BBC news. Team searching QE Country Park near Petersfield.

So many funny people on this thread. Some who genuinely don't know PWRR's nickname.

Soldier suicides exceed Afghan toll

If a lad from the Welsh Guards who pinged out on New Years Day 2011 had this level of interest he'd be alive today.

Good luck guys, hope he makes himself known to someone. @DieHard - might want to adjust the Thread title - only you or a Mod can do that.

Yes. Item also featured on local BBC news. Team searching QE Country Park near Petersfield.

So many funny people on this thread. Some who genuinely don't know PWRR's nickname.

Soldier suicides exceed Afghan toll

If a lad from the Welsh Guards who pinged out on New Years Day 2011 had this level of interest he'd be alive today.

Good luck guys, hope he makes himself known to someone. @DieHard - might want to adjust the Thread title - only you or a Mod can do that.
Don't be 'orrible to them though. Remember that only about 4 people on ARRSE have ever served...=-D:boogie:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does working in McDonald's count?
It's a kind of service.
Only if they are 5 star trainers in a year - as my ex was, being the only one of the crew with any kind of work effic or two wits to rub together... :roll:

This is for her - as used after the doors close and the obligatory 45 minute 'Clean-Down' routine kicks in...

( No lemurs were injured in the making of this post)

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately the outcome is what everyone was trying to prevent

Just seen that online, very sad, maybe just maybe to likes of Johnny Mercer can persuade the government to take this a bit more seriously and put its hands in the collective pockets.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just seen that online, very sad, maybe just maybe to likes of Johnny Mercer can persuade the government to take this a bit more seriously and put its hands in the collective pockets.
I doubt it very much.

It took the death of Jowell for HMG to get off it's arrse and invest in the area of healthcare which claimed one of their own.

Latest Threads